1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assistance with connectivity please!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by oobster, Oct 31, 2005.

1. oobster

oobster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Some set-up advise for a newbie :lease:

I currently have Sky+, a PS2 and a VCR connected my my 28" CRT Sony. Somewhere in the loop is a SCART to red-and-white RCA cable, which is plugged into the AUX IN of my Sony micro hi-fi.

I am 99% sure that i'm going to order a 37WLT58 tomorrow, along with a SD-350 DVD player.

I shall be purchasing a decent 1.5M scart cable to connect the new TV to the Sky+, and the new DVD player will be connected via new component cables. The video (which is rarely used) will probably go thru an existing cheap scart cable.

My question is:

1) How should i connect my PS2? It's going thru the AV3 setting on my current Sony, which is the red-white-yellow RCA cables on the front of the set.

2) How will i re-connect everything so the sound still outputs through my hifi? The micro-hifi will hopefully be replaced in the next 3-6 months with separates, but at the moment i'd like everything (DVD, VCR, PS2, Sky+, LCD) outputing thru the hifi.

Many thanks in advance for all replies - much appreciated

oobster

2. oobster

oobster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    bttt

3. oobster

oobster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    C'mon folks - help a newbie out here!!

4. areuwithmee

areuwithmee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get rid of the ps2

5. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Looking at the Toshiba Site connections web page for the 37WLT58 I would put Sky+ on the First SCART socket which is RGB enabled (and enable your SKY+ to output a RGB signal) and then buy a PS2 RGB SCART cable and plug that into SCART 2 (RGB) (Most Game, Gamestation, HMV etc shops sell these PS2 Cables and enable RGB output on the PS2) and then put your video with the cheap SCART cable into the SCART 3 socket.

And buy a phono cable (male-2-male (red-and-white RCA cable)) to plug into the bottom Audio Output Sockets (L/R) of the 37WLT58 and then plug the other end of the cable into your Micro Hifi.

And if you are using the DVD PLayer with the component cables you will also need another phono cable (male-2-male) cable to plug into the DVD Player and the other end into the component conections area where the L&R Audio sockets are.

This should hopefully allow all the sound to output via your Micro Hifi till you get your seperates.

6. oobster

oobster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Many thanks for your reply yonderblue :)