1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assistance required (again!!!)

Discussion in 'TVs' started by navstar, Aug 21, 2002.

1. navstar

navstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've still got trouble setting my system up...can someone offer me some step by step help??

I have:
    Fujitsu PDS4221 Plasma
    Sky Digibox (Amstrad)
    Toshiba SD210E DVD (Multi region)
    JVC HR-S6955 VCR
    Marantz SR4200 Amp
    Kef speakers

At the moment I'm using a scart to BNC cable to connetc the Sky box to Plasma....works fine. If i plug this scart into any other device they work fine too. I have tried to use s-video from the DVD to Plasma but I don't seem to be able to select the S-Video input....I've tried messing around with the screen settings to select S-Video but without any luck.
    In an ideal world I would like someone to give me a step by step idiots guide to setting this lot up !!!
    Thanks in advance.

Navstar

2. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You'll have to let people know exactly what inputs and outputs each of your components has got - otherwise it's very difficult to help you.

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Have you told the Tosh to output s/vid? On the remote press setup,scroll to video out select,choose s/vid. hth

4. davejw

davejw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    # I also have the fujitsu so here is how I have connected it:

Plug the Sky box in to the RGBH inputs on RGB 3.
    My first sky box had RGB pass through check the Amstrad if it has RGB passthorugh then plug the TOSH in to the RGB in Scart on the Sky box.

The JVC use an good S video cable an connect to the s video input on the Marantz ( it is marked vcr in )
    Take a Svideo to svideo lead and connect from the Marantz monitor port to the Fujitsu Svideo in (video 2)

All done

If you do not have this option then option 2:

Get hold of JS electronics and purchase an RGB - VGA convertor
    plug the Tosh DVD in to the convertor and the convertor output into RGB 2 of the Fujitsu with the the Sky box connected to RGB 3 on the fujitsu as above.

Connect JVC as above

Option 3

This does not give as good a picture but works

Set the tosh to Svideo out and plug the svideo out from the tosh into the svideo in (DVD) on the Marantz box with the JVC connected as before.

Now to select TV video 2 will now show whatever is selected on the marantz amp (JVC DVD etc etc) and for the RGB connected stuff cycle through the RGB inputs ( 2 and 3)

The easiest is to get a learning remote (pronto etc ) go to remote central there are complete profiles for your eact setup ready built to control everything simple enough to mod

Hope this helps drop me a PM if you need any more help

Dave