Assistance/Advice needed on LGA1155 CPU Air Coolers

viKierannx

Standard Member
Hi everyone, :thumbsup:

I have been doing my research around on the internet about certain CPU Air Coolers and found some reviews on them but I was just wondering if I could get some advice on some CPU Air Coolers on AVForums.

I currently have a Gelid Tranquillo Rev.2 in my Zalman Z11 Plus case cooling my i5 2550k, but was looking at some others and thinking of changing, I have no intention of OC'ing yet but I do game a little bit more on my PC now (GTA IV, Borderlands - thinking of going to better games)

So my question is that the coolers listed below, are they any better and what would you guys recommend?

Akasa AK-CC4008HP01
Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator
BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 2 CPU Cooler
CoolerMaster Hyper 212

Many thanks,

Kieran :smashin:

paulktreg

The stock cooler should be fine if you aren't overclocking so your current Gelid is probably even better and from what you say there's no real reason to change at the moment. Install Real Temp and see how your temperatures are and let us know.

viKierannx

Standard Member
In what ways do you find your current one insufficient? Is it too noisy?
It is a little noisy, but I think that's when it spins up more when I'm gaming, I do a bit of video editing aswell.

viKierannx

Standard Member
The stock cooler should be fine if you aren't overclocking so your current Gelid is probably even better and from what you say there's no real reason to change at the moment. Install Real Temp and see how your temperatures are and let us know.
Okay will do, I'm not at home at the moment but from what I re-call it's about 50c under 100 load.

delta_42

Novice Member
I would say that cooler is more than adequate for anything short of some fairly extreme overclocking. If it's noisy just change the fan. SPCR is a good place to check out reviews for quiet fans.

viKierannx

Standard Member
After looking on Core Temp my Idle Temp is 40c and under load goes to about 52c is that good? :confused:

viKierannx

Standard Member
I would say that cooler is more than adequate for anything short of some fairly extreme overclocking. If it's noisy just change the fan. SPCR is a good place to check out reviews for quiet fans.
Okay thankyou for this, I'll go and have a browse! :smashin:

viKierannx

Standard Member
Ah well that's good to know at least for now I know my current temps are safe! :smashin: Sorry for the late reply by the way guys!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom