Assigning channels to remote number 1, 2, 3

trilobite999

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Samsung UE40MU6400 (specifically UE40MU6400UXXU) purchased in the UK. Having moved to Italy, I though that the process of updating the channels would be painless. In the UK, BBC1 would be remote number 1, BBC2 remote 2, etc.

Now in Italy, when I do the auto-scan, you get the first channel from 800 and so on. With TVs purchase in Italy, RAI1 would be assigned to remote number 1, RAI2 to remote 2, etc. With my UK TV, RAI1 is assigned to channel 951, etc.

I can't work out how to re-assigning RAI1 to remote 1 and so on. Strangely, I tried to use Preferred lists as a easy way to selecting and ordering channels to my preference but navigating to the preferred channel list is messy for old grandparents and kids. Hence my need to assign RAI1 to channel 1 (remote number 1), etc.

The strange thing is if I go to Channel List and Edit Channel, the Rename button is greyed out.

Any suggestions that can help me avoid having to throw away a perfectly working TV? I'm getting a lot of resistance at home for a TV that is not working as expected.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom