assign left and right direction buttons

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by horander, Mar 16, 2006.

1. horander

horander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I just received my 885 yesterday, and I have a problem with the left and right direction buttons (surrounding the ok button).
    I am using a Force digibox (where up and down buttons control channel selection), and a Denon receiver where the sound comes through.

I first set up my watch tv activity, where everything works fine. I can change channel via up/down buttons on the digibox, and adjust volume by pressing the volume up/down buttons (on the left side of the remote)

I then try to change so that the volume can be controlled via the left and right direction buttons, but I just can't get it to work. I've set up the buttons for the receiver in that specific activity, but nothing happens when I press left or right buttons.
    Then if I change it back to use the normal volume up/down buttons it works fine on my receiver.

As far as I know you should be able to put whatever command on which ever button you like, but why is it that I cannot control the volume via the direction buttons? Could it somehow be interfering with other things?

2. gjp

gjp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi,

when you changed these buttons for left and right did you make sure the sky settings for these buttons were set to nothing (if not remote may be confused), failing this you could learn missing command from orginal remote and see if that works.
    Hope this helps