Assetto Corsa

BYF

Could be one to watch if you enjoy sim driving/racing.

I'd not read about this game yet so I thought I'd start a thread.

Assetto Corsa, your racing simulator

Steam Friends list - Updated 06/04/14

joe pineapples
Eximo
Puk
Mike350Z
Furnace Inferno
Moolers
GMC79
Sebastalona
SuperSportBilly
aslird
atdi87
AVF IRobot
IKIRK
dmx005
manxspanna
benhaha85
mushypee
edeadeyed
Blowy
AlpsUk
Divykecks
nokmond
MagusUK

Current Time Trial = Spa Car= Ferrari 458 GT2

All assists allowed.

Time trials run so far, for those that want some times to compete against.

1.) Abarth 500 at Monza GP
2.) Ferrari 458 stage 3 at Magione
3.) KTM X Bow at Vallelunga Full

Last edited:

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Just been looking at some of the screenshots on VirtualR and I think C.A.R.S possibly just got out-prettied. I wonder what sort of spec will be needed to run both this and C.A.R.S @60fps (full grid etc) - that will be the deciding factor for me as much as anything else.

It's from Kunos aka NetKarPro supremo, it's gonna be very special. NetKar still to this day has the finest FFB and physics. This will also have Laser Scanned tracks and what looks like a very pretty engine.

2012 is gonna be mega for simheads with this pCARS and GTR3 :smashin:

BYF

It's from Kunos aka NetKarPro supremo, it's gonna be very special. NetKar still to this day has the finest FFB and physics. This will also have Laser Scanned tracks and what looks like a very pretty engine.

2012 is gonna be mega for simheads with this pCARS and GTR3 :smashin:

Can't wait I'll be getting all three and building a new PC for them but with a bigger budget this time.

With Kunos behind it this is the one to watch for me, there's no doubt this will have the best physics and FFB out there.

Can't wait I'll be getting all three and building a new PC for them but with a bigger budget this time.

With Kunos behind it this is the one to watch for me, there's no doubt this will have the best physics and FFB out there.
Yeah i think you are right in that this is the one to watch now. rF2 just really seems to be slipping down the order for me, it just seems like it's not going anywhere. This pCARS and i'm guessing GTR3 are all coming with current generation engines and seem to want to push simracing forward in terms of visuals, it's not enough anymore to have just solid physics IMO.

Visuals are vital nowadays in immersing you in the sim aswell. I'm keen to see how iRacing are gonna respond to these new titles aswell.

Some new cars announced today. Screens attached

Here is the current car and track list plus wet weather has been confirmed. The cockpit looks sensational and you know eactly how it's gonna feel with Kunos. A bigger tracklist is gonna be needed surely and will no doubt increase

CARS

BMW 1M

BMW M3 E92 Coupé
BMW M3 E30
BMW Z4 GT3 (2011 Aero-package)

Ferrari P4/5 Competizione by Pininfarina
Abarth 500 SS

KTM X-bow R

Lotus EVORA GTE
Lotus EVORA S
Lotus 2-ELEVEN GT4
Lotus 25
Lotus 49
Lotus 49C
Lotus 72
Lotus 98T

Tatuus FA01

OTHER CARS CONFIRMED THROUGH TRAILER

Lotus T125

BMW M3 GT2/S/EPro

Tracks

Imola
Monza
Magione
Mugello
Nurburgring GP
Silverstone
Vallelunga

And todays cars

M3 E92
M3 E30
Z4 GT3

Attachments

• 194981_494891737203816_451819760_o.jpg
    194981_494891737203816_451819760_o.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 611
  • 278077_494847737208216_1204773587_o.jpg
    278077_494847737208216_1204773587_o.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 307
  • 323263_494909357202054_1738677412_o.jpg
    323263_494909357202054_1738677412_o.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 280

BYF

Nice little collection of cars there now and I believe the tracks will alll be laser scanned as far as I know.

I'm totally gutted, I was testing out the Lotus 49 in the latest version of a another game and broke my wheel as I was so annoyed with the understeer and the amount of steering required. My Momo force now has 540 degrees of lock but it's stuck there :D

Looks like a new wheel will be on the way, what do guys think of the G27? In the mean time I will try and fix the Momo but I think all is lost.

Nice little collection of cars there now and I believe the tracks will alll be laser scanned as far as I know.

I'm totally gutted, I was testing out the Lotus 49 in the latest version of a another game and broke my wheel as I was so annoyed with the understeer and the amount of steering required. My Momo force now has 540 degrees of lock but it's stuck there :D

Looks like a new wheel will be on the way, what do guys think of the G27? In the mean time I will try and fix the Momo but I think all is lost.
Mate how long have you had that MOMO now, it's been years, time to let it rest in peace :D You have been strong and hung on for dear life to that wheel, must admit even now i still think my Red MOMO still felt great considering how old they are.

G27 is still a great package mate and the move to 900 degrees will make your sims even better straight away. Also check out the Fanatec stuff and see if there are any deals around. That's funny though wrecking your wheel in a mood.

Regarding AC AFAIK every track will be laser scanned so yes. Can't wait and also looking forward to what Simbin are gonna do.

BYF

Mate how long have you had that MOMO now, it's been years, time to let it rest in peace :D You have been strong and hung on for dear life to that wheel, must admit even now i still think my Red MOMO still felt great considering how old they are.

G27 is still a great package mate and the move to 900 degrees will make your sims even better straight away. Also check out the Fanatec stuff and see if there are any deals around. That's funny though wrecking your wheel in a mood.

Regarding AC AFAIK every track will be laser scanned so yes. Can't wait and also looking forward to what Simbin are gonna do.

I got the Momo around Xmas 2002 when I discoverd Grand Prix Legends, I love the wheel/pedals and the solid feel it has, what's even more strange is I was saying how well built it was literally hours ago :(

I won two back to back GPL league series with it and had a GPL rank of -50, but could never fully master the mighty ring.

What I'm more annoyed about is I've busted it driving a game I don't really like driving, but if there was one game that was going to break it then it would be that one as the cars still respond well to massive aggressive amounts of lock.

Regarding AC it's shaping up nicely, if the online code allows close racing it should be very good, plus it will even have AI so will keep me happy offline. I've been racing the AI on GSC, and the AI is pretty decent in the stock cars.

I got the Momo around Xmas 2002 when I discoverd Grand Prix Legends, I love the wheel/pedals and the solid feel it has, what's even more strange is I was saying how well built it was literally hours ago :(

I won two back to back GPL league series with it and had a GPL rank of -50, but could never fully master the mighty ring.

What I'm more annoyed about is I've busted it driving a game I don't really like driving, but if there was one game that was going to break it then it would be that one as the cars still respond well to massive aggressive amounts of lock.

Regarding AC it's shaping up nicely, if the online code allows close racing it should be very good, plus it will even have AI so will keep me happy offline. I've been racing the AI on GSC, and the AI is pretty decent in the stock cars.
I think the netcode is vital to this sim. NetKar got off to a poor start and never really recovered due to it's funky code. But with patch 1.3, NetKars code is as solid as any. AI is gonna be the interesting one with Kunos, it's the first time they would of done it , but as with anything with Kunos, i have not doubt it will be great.

Nice shot below btw, office at the track eh. Shows the true passion of the team and it's not a one off shot, Kunos are actually based on a track

Last edited:

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
Just release it already!!!! :p

These sim racing developers are too slow lol

I know how you feel. I bought my new rig a couple of months ago in readiness for the new batch of race sims but they still seem so distant. :(

Still, I'd rather these developers take their time and produce the games we all want rather than a rush job.

Some X-Bow shots released today, just a couple, will post some more later. Graphically i think it looks as good as the older builds of pCARS i used, obviously since i left WMD they have upped the graphics quite alot but for a full on sim like AC it looks badass

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
Looking good. The lighting looks very natural.

Just wondering if I'll be able to run these new sims at a high detail level with my 7850! :suicide:

Looking good. The lighting looks very natural.

Just wondering if I'll be able to run these new sims at a high detail level with my 7850! :suicide:
There was a post not so long ago by the devs alongside a video released and he said what system the video was running on. I'll see if i can find it but it was no way a high end system and the GPU was alot lower spec than yours i think or the CPU was very low spec. DX11 is generally very efficient and does offer better performance these days

Last edited:

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
That's good to know then. Actually I've not struggled with anything I've thrown at it so far, although I've not played the big hitters like BF3, Crysis, Skyrim, etc....It overclocks nicely too (from 860Mhz up to 1150 at the moment).

I'm not sure what sort of count Kunos are using for the models but they seem be using the same sort of polycount as SMS are using for pCARS. Cars are very detailed and smooth. This just seems to look more natural with regards to lighting and less post processed. pCARS can seem to me at times like BF3 with the overuse of effects. This seems cleaner and more akin to GT5's style

Last edited:

Kirki

Some of these pictures do look stunning, was looking at Imola on their website and it's truly amazing. Will deff be getting this when it's released. :smashin:

Magus

Wow...maybe that marriage of pCARS's looks & RF2's personality is actually on! When is this baby due?

Wow...maybe that marriage of pCARS's looks & RF2's personality is actually on! When is this baby due?
By the end of this year for retail but RD will have a preview copy in August and will be releasing their initial thoughts on it.

I asked about the engine and one of the devs answered. As thought high poly cars, sounds very tasty!

"it's in house made engine. DX11 only, compatible with DX10.1 cards. Works also on older Dx10 cards but might have fps hit.
We use around 50-60 thousand polygons for LodA".

More below in the thread

Details about the engine of Assetto Corsa | RaceDepartment Forums

BYF

The graphics are impressive, the KTM X bow is one car on my list to try out at a trackday, looks a bit odd but I bet a lot of fun to drive. I'd love one for the road for Sunday drives, I'm pretty sure there is a road going version but it's a bout 50k euro +. I like the Atom a lot too. Someday, someday....

The graphics are impressive, the KTM X bow is one car on my list to try out at a trackday, looks a bit odd but I bet a lot of fun to drive. I'd love one for the road for Sunday drives, I'm pretty sure there is a road going version but it's a bout 50k euro +. I like the Atom a lot too. Someday, someday....
It's apparently a bit of an under steering bitch in real life but there is an R version i think that is supposed to be the better version with upgraded suspension etc. Would be a wicked trackday car no doubt but i think i would choose the Atom every time. The one in AC is the R version

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021