Assault

Oh and before he pitchforks come out, he was suspended whilst I was reading and typing my last post above

Sometimes a 'no reply' interview is the best thing, because they are not explaining their side of the story of what happened.
There will be no option than to charge to court if sufficient evidence and in the public interest. The courts will ask why they didn't explain in interview if they then give an account in court.
However if they offer a full admission then they could get a reprimand.
The only time i said no comment/reply all interview was when i was caught bang to rights [emoji1]. Tbf to the police they've always been fair to the situation and used common sense. I have complete respect for the police and thankfully they had respect for me in every dealing I've had with them.

*disclaimer I've only ever really dealt with Derbyshire Police (and once the Welsh police) regional differences and all that.

Last edited:
Blimey... all I did was give an update and now there's all this.

If this gets closed I'll understand but if it remains open I'd like to give updates that garner responses that hopefully help someone who may find themselves in a similar situation as well as proving useful to me.

If members have 'history', which is obviously the case, then please don't use my threads to have it out... that's not fair. And that's not 'aimed' at any one specific person... it's just what I see and is blatantly obvious. I'm not involved in your squabbles so can you take them elsewhere. Thank you.

Sure, I've had disagreements on this thread but it's pretty much been about the topic at hand. But it's forgotten now.

So please, everyone, unless you're going to comment on my situation and what might happen next, please leave my thread alone.

I also think people are suffering from a serious sense of humour void.

In my update post I made a joke about something and used the term 'everybody'... so I was including myself in that. But the post was edited for being 'unnecessarily provocative.' I've seen A LOT worse on here and it was an (obviously failed) attempt at humour that was directed at myself as well as others.

I think many members, and I include MYSELF in this, need to lighten up sometimes and not take things so seriously.

And I'll say it again for clarity "I INCLUDE MYSELF IN THAT."

Come on people... it's Christmas... what would the baby Jesus think?

Last edited:
if it remains open I'd like to give updates that garner responses that hopefully help someone who may find themselves in a similar situation as well as proving useful to me.

No reason why it shouldn't :thumbsup: but let's try and keep it on topic :)

You're in a difficult position. On the one hand; you have the police backing you but, on the other to deny that support, drop it and withdraw could compromise their grace.
It's generally here that posts will descend to tell you that you're being naive (in less subtle forms) and that the police are professionals. You know, the type of people who still believe that "Rape Suites" were a good idea.

What on earth are you going on about?

So today the 'suspect' was formally interviewed by the police.

They just called to update me and, surprise surprise... he's completely denied it. This is despite him previously admitting it and agreeing to a written apology.

The police officer said a decision now needs to be made on whether to proceed but said there really isn't enough evidence and it's likely nothing will happen.

So despite an admission and a statement from a witness (my friend who witnessed the incident)... it looks like nothing will come of this and he'll just get away with it.

I did ask the police officer, tongue in cheek, what would happen if I punched him in the face next time I saw him. She said "I wouldn't advise it."

It's unlikely I will see him as he hasn't visited these flats since it happened and it seems like he's moved from the area.

A huge part of me now wishes I'd left a tattoo of the sole of my shoe on his forehead when he fell on the floor.

It's disgraceful, fair play for not acting on instinct. It makes my blood boil that people like this coexist amongst civilised society.

Trouble is your friends statement is exactly that, your friends, so it carries alot less weight than an independent person. So essentially it is one word against the others as you have no injuries. I would hope that because he has admitted and changed his story they would pursue this. Hope so mate.

No matter what you did the right thing, it just isn't worth most of the time.

If he hadn't admitted anything at all then okay, there's not a lot else can be said.

But he's admitted doing it to a police officer. Surely that should carry some weight?

Unfortunately, the justice system is all about whether a conviction is likely, not whether an offence took place.

Why do you think so many people take out private prosecutions or even take the law into their own hands? The justice system, like so many other processes in our society, is all based on ability to pay and/or cost-effective resources.

You'll have to just let it go.

I assume his solicitor told him that without any proof he should deny everything.

Unfortunately, the justice system is all about whether a conviction is likely, not whether an offence took place.

Why do you think so many people take out private prosecutions or even take the law into their own hands? The justice system, like so many other processes in our society, is all based on ability to pay and/or cost-effective resources.

You'll have to just let it go.

Which is the way it should be, otherwise a massive amount of innocent people would be prosecuted.

Private prosecutions usually take place in civil courts, and don’t require ‘beyond all reasonable doubt’.

If he hadn't admitted anything at all then okay, there's not a lot else can be said.

But he's admitted doing it to a police officer. Surely that should carry some weight?

Unfortunately not much, especially if not recorded and under caution. It’s still not evidence of the offence anyway.

I don't claim to know anything about law, but you would like to think if this scumbag was asked under oath if he admitted it to the police, and he denied it - having 2 policemen willing to swear under oath that it did happen - should count for something.

Reading this thread makes my blood boil at the injustice, can't imagine how angry you must be.

I don't claim to know anything about law, but you would like to think if this scumbag was asked under oath if he admitted it to the police, and he denied it - having 2 policemen willing to swear under oath that it did happen - should count for something.

Reading this thread makes my blood boil at the injustice, can't imagine how angry you must be.

Tony - without wishing to diminish the OP's experience in any way, on a sliding scale of injustice this is pretty much near the bottom.

The absolute worst is still being killed by a car. The sentences are laughably low with some offenders barely serving two years. There was the recent case of two moronic street racers who killed an innocent mother of two young boys:

Welsh street racers jailed after mother died in smash | Daily Mail Online

It is unlikely these two idiots will serve their full terms, they will probably be released earlier on good behaviour, the two kids have lost their mum for good.

Of course, I wasn't comparing it to other cases. My comments were more general in nature, it just disgusts me how vermin who contribute nothing whatsoever to society can be let off so lightly when they target random innocent people.

No thought whatsoever to the affect it has on others. A friend of mine had his jaw broken while refereeing. The guy who did it was arrested and possibly fined if I remember correctly, but the victim was left mentally scarred, gave up his life long passion of being a referee and it totally changed him.

I try not to think about these cases too much as it's so depressing.

Hey all.

I just thought I'd give an update on this.

I've just had a call from the officer dealing with it and she's informed me the guy who assaulted me is dead.

She wasn't able to say anymore but I got the impression it might have been suicide.

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice.

escalated.gif

... and I forgot to say... mods, it's up to you what you decide to do with this thread. I'll leave it to your discretion.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom