Assault On Precinct 13 remake? WTF?

Setenza

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I read this on Yahoo in regard to the new spinoff series from "Friends":

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - After a lengthy search, Drea De Matteo of "The Sopranos" fame has landed the role of Joey Tribbiani's sister on NBC's upcoming "Friends" spinoff series, "Joey".

The comedy centres on the relationship between Joey (Matt LeBlanc), who moves to Los Angeles, and his sister Gina (De Matteo), a hairdresser who lives with her son.

Probably smarter than Joey, Gina has a way with men, much like Joey has with women. She's a strong woman who isn't afraid to speak her mind.

De Matteo is best known for her role on HBO's cult mob drama "The Sopranos," on which she plays Christopher's (Michael Imperioli) fiancee, Adriana, who is recruited by the FBI.

Her new role on "Joey" will not interfere with her contractual obligations to the 10-episode sixth and final season of David Chase's hit series, sources said.

De Matteo, whose credits also include "Swordfish" and "Deuces Wild," next appears in "Go Go Tales" and "Assault on Precinct 13".

See that little title just dropped in at the bottom? So instantly I've thrown a fit. You know along the lines of "are they totally bollocking insane". Then I've check the IMDB and Digital Bits etc for any details of this sacrilage.

And it exists!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Assault On Precinct 13

I'm speechless. Hollywood just doesn't have a clue. Oh and if Carpenter has sanctioned this, he's a whore.

Let the ranting begin.

Who knows, a remake may be an improvement !! Just like 'Get Carter' or 'The Italian Job' ............ wait a minute.

Originally posted by Xusia Of Delos
I read this on Yahoo in regard to the new spinoff series from "Friends":

See that little title just dropped in at the bottom? So instantly I've thrown a fit. You know along the lines of "are they totally bollocking insane". Then I've check the IMDB and Digital Bits etc for any details of this sacrilage.

And it exists!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Assault On Precinct 13

I'm speechless. Hollywood just doesn't have a clue. Oh and if Carpenter has sanctioned this, he's a whore.

Let the ranting begin.

But he's no stranger to the remake industry himself is he? Or the sequel.

The cast seems to shape up well with some good character actors, rather than Hollywood 'stars' in place.

I agree there are far too many remakes, but you never know. I had high hopes for the Italian Job but in the end... It wasn't dismal, just flat and lacking in imagination.

Carpenter's 'The Thing' shows just what you can do in a remake. The new 'Dead' movie has been packing some good reviews as well.

I'll wait for the reviews befre slagging it off. And lets face it, most of today's audience will never have seen the original. I hope it isn't just an excuse for loads of shoot outs and duff CGI, as per stuff like Bad Boys II.

CL

There will never be another 'Napolean Wilson' like in the original. Just too cool to copy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom