Assault Heroes

Markoos

Established Member
Reaction score
This weeks XBLA title is Assault Heroes at 800 points (link). Hadn't heard of this one before, but it looks pretty promising :thumbsup:

At last we're starting to see some regular non retrocrap releases. Looks like I'll be getting this one, assuming the demo is good.

Wow, three original titles in a row, superb!

I remember liking the looks of this one ages ago(think it was on an E3 Arcade video on marketplace).

800 points sounds like a sensible price point aswell, from what I remember it looked like a good game. Will probably be buying this one now I'm stocked up on points, unless of course I don't like the demo.

Thanks for the info Markoos, can't wait until wednesday now:smashin:

Looks like a modern day Desert Strike!!! Thats good! Cant wait to get home from work to get this.

Could anybody that is home that plays this post impressions to help us that work for the man get thru the day.

lol never noticed that. and we have different games! oooh

Wow, this game sounds like one of my old favourite arcade games, "Speed Rumbler". Only difference is the ability to shoot in a different direction to where you are traveling. Hopefully, it won't disappoint :)

Looks like a modern day Desert Strike!!! Thats good! Cant wait to get home from work to get this.

Could anybody that is home that plays this post impressions to help us that work for the man get thru the day.

Wow, thats a tough job you have, 12 hours is long enough for me! :D

LOL Not quite.

Im 7am till 5pm today. Feels longer has to be said.

EDIT - Just realised its only Tuesday! LOL I need a holiday.

LOL Not quite.

Im 7am till 5pm today. Feels longer has to be said.

EDIT - Just realised its only Tuesday! LOL I need a holiday.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Glad you got it in the end m8. I fully understand, working shifts myself I frequently haven't got a clue what day it is!:D

excellent, apparently its up according to major nelson. Im just up so wll check.

Will be downloading tonight, I love the idea of online co-op, anyone fancy a game of this tonight?

excellent, apparently its up according to major nelson. Im just up so wll check.

Any chance of a quick review once you have tried it for those of us at work?

Just had a quick blast, seems like a great little game, will decide later if it's worth a full purchase as 5 mins is a short test. Pretty sure I'll be claiming this one though.

If I do buy I'd probably be up for some co-op later on mate:smashin: will confirm if I buy the full game when I give it another go when I get back.

just spent about half an hour online in co op with this have to say it is really good fun. An instant classic ign were spot on with their review:smashin:
got a few of the acheivements already aswell:clap:

Just played the demo, now this is more like it!. I have to mention that the game isn't the smoothest experience in the world, slowing down a bit when things get busy. I still think I'll get it though.

lovely little shooter i must say, seriously i was getting sick of those naff 80's arcade games. Finally a decent arcade game thats fun, cheap and pretty. Does get a bit intense at times and bullets can look tiny (wonder if its worse on a SD tv?), also there is a bit of sluggishness at times but overal nice.

Reminds me of Mercs, the old Arcade shooter....

I must say it's one of the best Live Arcade games ever !!

Now this is what I've been waiting for! Best arcade download I've had since Cloning Clyde I think. Plays a bit like a classic top scrolling shooter with a touch of Geometry Wars thrown in for good measure. Lovely.

If anyone wants to play Co-op I should be about this evening though I'm not very good!

Downloaded, played for 10 mins and then bought it. The first Live arcade game that I have purchased :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom