Assassins Creed: Valhalla

I’ve not seen a cairn that wasn’t relatively easy yet. The game isn’t that great at showing what the rotation controls are.
I agree, I knew you could tilt them using the trigger buttons, but for some reason failed to realise you can also use the square button in combination to rotate the pieces on the x axis, this made them less infuriating for me.

Hi all..pretty new to assassins creed. But I have 2 questions..

On the inventory screen at the bottom im about 70 is this my strength level??

And if so how can I level up faster? I've just defeated a guy after the lad in the creed needed rescuing.

And if so how can I level up faster? I've just defeated a guy after the lad in the creed needed rescuing.
The number at the bottom is your power level. This power level is equal to the number of skill points you have assigned in your skill tree.

The main way to get skill points is by gaining experience (XP) points, that fill up the blue diamond in the top right corner of the screen. When this gets filled you get 2 skill points. You can gain XP by doing a variety of things including completing story quests, solving mysteries (blue dots), gathering wealth (yellow dots) artifacts (white dots), synchronising towers and various other activities (finding towns, fishing etc).

The power level cap on the skill tree is 400. I find as you pledge to different regions, once you have completed that regions story, try clearing all of the dots before moving to the next region, by doing this you’ll find your power level will go up quite quickly.

But also be realistic. You’ll naturally max out the skill tree just playing the game, but it will take a good 60+ hours. Playing to max out the power level as fast as you can will be boring as you won’t progress the main story.

The story is pretty much split up into separate areas of a larger map - you'll get a sense of this as you progress in the story missions. What I've been doing is completing the story aspects of an area and then collecting all of the collectables for that area before moving on with the next story arc. This allowed me to level up in a somewhat balanced way.

Basically, you get skill points for clearing off all of the coloured dots on the map, completing story missions, and for combat.

Your first order of business should be to sync every viewpoint these act as fast travel points making getting around the large map so much easier. Killing Zealots (15) will get you 2 skill points for each one. Go raiding with your party these are marked as two big red axes on the map easy xp, Once you get to Asgard collect all the blood gems (30) the collectables in Asgard are by far the easiest to get and will get you 1-2 skill points for each one.

One other thing that has saved me hours in the collectable grind is getting the Incendiary Powder Trap book of knowledge its in Grantbridgescire its easy to get to.

Attachments

• 1609842518833.png
    1609842518833.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • 1609842718365.png
    1609842718365.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
^^ This takes a fair amount of story play and levelling up in itself.

All of the map areas have a suggested power rating - complete the easiest ones first (including collectables and side missions) and you'll soon level up to a state where you can be comfortable in all of your encounters.

And don't forget to upgrade your weapons, quiver, and ration bag.

Basically, loot as much as you can.

^^ This takes a fair amount of story play and levelling up in itself.

All of the map areas have a suggested power rating - complete the easiest ones first (including collectables and side missions) and you'll soon level up to a state where you can be comfortable in all of your encounters.

And don't forget to upgrade your weapons, quiver, and ration bag.

Basically, loot as much as you can.

The auto loot on kill skill is another time saver.

Attachments

• 1609844405268.png
    1609844405268.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
But a shame it only works on people you kill with melee weapons. For ranged kills, you still have to tramp over to their bodies and loot them manually.

And all of the chests, crates, baskets, jars. It's annoying how you invariably need two or three attempts to smash a jar and then need to wiggle around a bit before the "loot" prompt appears.

But a shame it only works on people you kill with melee weapons. For ranged kills, you still have to tramp over to their bodies and loot them manually.

And all of the chests, crates, baskets, jars. It's annoying how you invariably need two or three attempts to smash a jar and then need to wiggle around a bit before the "loot" prompt appears.

I didn't bother with the jars, baskets unless they were obstructing a small slidey hole to another room.

120 hours and 2 minutes later, and I'm done. Platinum trophy unlocked. 🎉

It could have been less but I decided to try to find as many wealth collectables without a guide as I could, which can be very well-hidden.

Very good game, although I think a refined 'less is more' approach would have benefited the game - if the marketing hype for the next one includes 'this is the biggest ever...' I'm probably going to give it a miss.

Overall though, it was an enjoyable experience; I enjoyed the story and the fact that it functions well as both an action game and a stealth game. At first, I admit my inner-Viking won out and charged in axe swinging, but played more stealthily later on.

Encountered two bugs but was able to fix both by exiting the Animus and then returning to the game.

Oh, and it's still beautiful.

30366F32-33F1-46E4-B52C-D2237001CB6F.png

Last edited:
I think I'm about half way there now, although I've slowed down somewhat. I'm not looking forward to the orlog games.

There’s a technique to Orlog.

Basically I focus on building up the god favours, and stealing from your opponent, at the cost of maybe taking a few hits early on. Then wham hit them with a minus 8 from using the favours.

Doesn’t work every time but you end up winning more than you lose.

120 hours and 2 minutes later, and I'm done. Platinum trophy unlocked. 🎉

It could have been less but I decided to try to find as many wealth collectables without a guide as I could, which can be very well-hidden.

Very good game, although I think a refined 'less is more' approach would have benefited the game - if the marketing hype for the next one includes 'this is the biggest ever...' I'm probably going to give it a miss.

Overall though, it was an enjoyable experience; I enjoyed the story and the fact that it functions well as both an action game and a stealth game. At first, I admit my inner-Viking won out and charged in axe swinging, but played more stealthily later on.

Encountered two bugs but was able to fix both by exiting the Animus and then returning to the game.

Oh, and it's still beautiful.

View attachment 1435504
Congrats, don't know what you think but as a Viking theme it didn't really work, it felt more like Olde England than Vikings.

I think I'm about half way there now, although I've slowed down somewhat. I'm not looking forward to the orlog games.

Nothing to worry about, in the opening resolution stage concentrate on stealing and keep stealing don't worry about attacking during the early phases until you've got at least 8-12 tablets then attack your opponent with thors strike you'll soon get the hang of it.

Has anyone been able to fix the arrow quiver glitch via the Vin,and method? I've tried it a few times but to no avail.

By the way the drunckness when reloading a saved game seems to have stopped for no apparent reason...weird.

The drunkenness started with the seasonal event. Now that’s over - it’s stopped.

Pretty much like my Christmas tbf

The drunkenness started with the seasonal event. Now that’s over - it’s stopped.

Pretty much like my Christmas tbf

Forgot the Yule Festivel ended. I thought it was the 17th and not the 07th. All that Xmas drinking has fried by brain....o_O......Did the quiver glitch start then also as it's still balls'ed up? I thought it was was an earlier patch.

Finally finished at 156 hours 35 minutes - I have to admit that I got bored around the 100 hour mark. This is fun but not a patch on Origins or Odyssey. The world just felt so empty, you spend 5 minutes riding from one location to the next and pretty much dont see anything else. And my god I never knew England had so many herons back then! If games like Red Dead can have dozens and dozens of different types of animals I dont see why Assassins stuck to only 6 or 7 different types.

Felt that the Order of the Ancients story line was pretty much pointless as only Fulke and to a lesser extent Gorm had any bearing on the story line at all. The rest you find and kill and they add nothing to the story at all. The Grand Master was interesting and leave it open for some story evoution for the next one.

The way the areas were set up was interesting (especially Snottinghamshire :) - My inner child just had to snigger) with them being power restricted but you could still go into them but again I felt that the way the main missions were set up just didnt work for me very well. I did enjoy the way they implemented the side missions this time round with the world events, even if they could have given you at least a bit more of a hint on what to do on some of them, especially at the begining when you have no idea whats going on.

I felt that you got the explosive arrow trap perk way to early in the game as it meant that you could bypass all the explosive wall puzzles by just using an arrow rather than working out how to get the wall explosed using the oil barrels and cargro drops. It should have been a perk that you got in story progression much later in the game, maybe from Hytham for giving him medalions as you get some other perks from him.

Sadly the best thing in the game for me was the sound you make walking through the snow.

I will be keeping it for the DLC but I need a break so will probably wait till both are out before getting the season pass in a sale and doing them both together.

If I had to score it would give it 7/10 with Origins getting 8/10 and Odyssey getting 9/10

Yeah, I pretty much agree with everything you say here. I seem to spend the vast majority of my time running or riding between dots on the map and disturbing flocks of herons.

I did enjoy the odd little Easter egg in the encounters, like the little kid chasing a rabbit into a cave and collecting honey for a bear called winnifred.

I’m about half way through full game completion now (I don’t get much time to game now Christmas is over), but I’ll keep plugging away at it - at least until Far Cry 6 is out.

Has anyone been able to fix the arrow quiver glitch via the Vin,and method? I've tried it a few times but to no avail.

By the way the drunckness when reloading a saved game seems to have stopped for no apparent reason...weird.

No I havent and I have tried every method I have come access online. Still struggling along with 5 arrows max in my predator bow. I think the error was related to the yule update so hoped it would go when that ended but it didnt.

I saw a post on reddit that listed fixes for the next update and the arrow bug was on that list.

I have 15 predator arrows in my maxed quiver (Petras Arc):

6EC737FD-F22B-41FE-857C-63F3598CF4C5.jpeg

No mention of fixing the glitch that let's you open barred doors by shooting 2 explosive arrows at them.....or the one that makes you invisible to enemies if you fast travel after backing out of the orlog game in lunden. I'd be surprised if they aren't fixed along with the new carbon,nickel,tungsten farming method

I had no idea about the barred door trick. But then again, I've always tried to work out those puzzles for myself (puzzles being the only really challenging part of this game).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom