Assassins Creed: Valhalla

Jim being on point...

The first DLC (The Legend of Beowulf) let's you uncover the story of Beowulf.

So no better than Odyssey on One X/Pro.
Hopefully this will change over the next 6 months. I'd imagine both PS5 & XBSX will be the same FPS, and it'll be very disappointing if neither hit 60.

is there any in game footage available anywhere yet?

The first DLC (The Legend of Beowulf) let's you uncover the story of Beowulf.

Don't you just love it when a company announces DLC for an unreleased game? Before we've even seen any actual gameplay as well... Classic Ubisoft / welcome to modern gaming.

Barely.

Did my post need a sarcasm smiley?
Not really, I knew what your meaning behind it was. I'm just pointing out it will be improved as people are up in arms about it and there's months to go until release and no one actually knows whats going on in the game yet.

I did say that not all next gen games will be 4K 60 FPS, can't remember who it was arguing otherwise about it but hopefully they will lower their expectations a bit.

Don't you just love it when a company announces DLC for an unreleased game? Before we've even seen any actual gameplay as well... Classic Ubisoft / welcome to modern gaming.
after just finishing, assassins creed origins and Odyssey back to back and odyssey gold edition, it has taken me a few months ... i tend to go for the gold editions anyway...odyssey were like proper 20 hour mini games for each of the 3 DLC's

Not really, I knew what your meaning behind it was. I'm just pointing out it will be improved as people are up in arms about it and there's months to go until release and no one actually knows whats going on in the game yet.

I did say that not all next gen games will be 4K 60 FPS, can't remember who it was arguing otherwise about it but hopefully they will lower their expectations a bit.

With the hardware specs that have been revealed, I reckon 4K 60fps will be a pipe dream for most games, or an occasionally reachable max framerate at best. To be honest, though, if they were targeting a minimum of 30 fps, I would be happy - the minimum framerate is more important than the average framerate IMO.

Hell, if they offer the choice between 4K or 1080P @ higher framerate, I will pretty much choose the latter every time. Do we actually know anything about 4K vs 1080P rendering/compatibility for next gen yet?

after just finishing, assassins creed origins and Odyssey back to back and odyssey gold edition, it has taken me a few months ... i tend to go for the gold editions anyway...odyssey were like proper 20 hour mini games for each of the 3 DLC's

That is fair enough - and I realise that this trend of chopping a game release up into bits way before it even launches is probably not going away. I still don't like it, though ;-)

I agree. People arguing about frame rate/resolution forget/don't realise that they're not the only variables. I know you know this, but developers make trade-offs all the time and may choose to sacrifice frame rate for other graphical bells and whistles. It's just the choices they make to get the look on their game they want.

As for AC, I have a love/hate relationship with both Assassin's Creed and Ubisoft. They always frustrate me but I always succumb in the end.

That is fair enough - and I realise that this trend of chopping a game release up into bits way before it even launches is probably not going away. I still don't like it, though ;-)

Oh I agree though mate show us the bloody gameplay first!

Jeez. Looks like theyā€™ve gone backwards.

The character models, in particular, are terrible and the female Eivor looks absolutely appalling, looks like they've just put a slightly feminised head on a male body.

I wonder if itā€™s a lack of clear and basic identity, but thereā€™s something missing about the new assassins creed. I feel like Iā€™m looking for reasons to be interested rather than actually being interested.

Not sure about this, setting doesn't currently appeal as much as the previous 2.

Meh. I have no interest after watching that.

New gameplay. Looks bad, hype deflating fast.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom