Assassin's Creed: Revelations (November 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJSigma

Ex Member
Reaction score
Could the mods please lock THIS thread I started as it was all based on speculation? The game has now been announced officially, so we can talk about it here. :)

From Eurogamer: -

Ubisoft has just formally lifted the lid on Assassin's Creed: Revelations, after a week of Facebook teasing.

Due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in November, it's billed as the final chapter in the Ezio trilogy.

The new titles sees the AC2/Brotherhood hero following in the footsteps of his mentor, Altaïr, and heading to Constantinople in the heart of the Ottoman Empire.

A growing army of Templars is apparently threatening to destabilise the region, so clearly some covert sneaking and stabbing is in order.

New gameplay tweaks are also promised, including the ability to manipulate Desmond's memories to help "decipher the mysteries of his past and gain insight into the future."

Alongside the main single player campaign, you can expect a "refined and expanded" multiplayer experience featuring new modes, maps and characters.

"Delivering the final chapter of the Ezio trilogy is an important milestone in the Assassin's Creed franchise for us and for our fans," commented creative director Alexandre Amancio.

"Assassin's Creed Revelations includes lots of new features and some significant surprises. We can't wait to show our fans what we have in store at E3 this year."
Assassin's Creed: Revelations announced News - - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

So looks like this will finish off the Ezio story ready for a new storyline to start for Assassins Creed 3 :thumbsup:

Really started to enjoy this series so hope they don't water it down with rushed yearly releases and let the multiplayer take over the single player!

Even though I think Ezio is awesome, I was looking forward to a new character. I suppose though it's not actually ACIII so would make sense.

Looking forward to this though as per usual. Day will be booked off work with the limited edition (If avalible) being purchased lol... I'm a sucker for them, especially with the AC series.

The end of AC will be with the 3rd one in 2012, which would tie up nicely with the main story line.

assassins_revelations.gif

:thumbsup:

Another Image.

Attachments

• AC2.2.jpg
    AC2.2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 231
urgh i was really hoping they wouldn't milk this franchise and make it a yearly release and when they did bring on out i want a new location and maybe evena new assasin.

Ezio is getting old IMO, now im in a tough position, i dont think i really want a another one of these so soon, but i do want to keep upto date with the story ready for AC3?

urgh i was really hoping they wouldn't milk this franchise and make it a yearly release and when they did bring on out i want a new location and maybe evena new assasin.

Ezio is getting old IMO, now im in a tough position, i dont think i really want a another one of these so soon, but i do want to keep upto date with the story ready for AC3?

I'm guessing Revelations will answer key questions and set up AC3.
This game won't be all Eizo, we shall get to play as Altair once more (hopefully with the improved combat system) via seals that Eizo collects.

I think all Ubisoft have done, is milked the character of Eizo for all his worth before moving onto the next Assassin. ACII and Brotherhood have been really good games, and tbh I don't mind one last hurrah as Eizo before a new character comes into play.

Yeah I'm starting to think we will get to play as both Ezio and Altair in this game. Looking forward to it none the less!

From the Wiki:

The game will follow the series' standard open-world gameplay. New gameplay additions include an item called the hookblade, which can be used to zipline across the city or grab enemies to yank them in for a combo attack. Ziplining reportedly speeds up navigation by around 30 percent. Along with the hookblade, Ezio will also have 300 different bomb variations at his disposal, which will be craftable.

The Eagle vision has been renamed to Eagle Sense. According to Ubisoft’s Alex Amancio, “Eagle sense lets you focus on a character and see where he’s been. You’ll get an approximation of where he will go. If you’re able to detect the path a guard will take, you can run ahead, set a bomb, and create a trap or an ambush.” [3]

According to Game Informer the Borgia Towers concept has been expanded as well with a new system created in its place. There are locations throughout the city called Assassin’s Dens — you can build these dens by killing off the Templar presence in the area through various assault scenarios. Once obtained, you’ll be able to upgrade the buildings and add ziplines across its rooftops. The guards in the area will shift from hostile to neutral.[4]

If one of your dens is attacked and you happen to be too far away to handle it yourself, you’ll be able to dispatch troops to quell the threat. By visiting the nearest den under your control and assigning a master assassin as the den overlord, its protection will be ensured.[3]

Revelations has upped the levelling mechanic up from 10 to 15, while traditional side missions have been scrapped in favour of "random events" to make the game more immersive. For example, you might spot a shop owner being robbed while wandering round the city or a child asking for help.[5]

As for Desmond, Revelations sees him back inside the Animus where he discovers a safe mode called the "Black Room"[3] In this room, you’re able to access Desmond’s own personal lost memories. Ubisoft’s Alex Amancio said that “Through the manipulation and creation of geometry with the game world, Desmond seeks to reintegrate the splintered layers of his subconscious”. The gameplay during your time as Desmond are said to be "narrative-fueled puzzle sequences".[4]

Ubisoft also confirmed that it has utilized a fresh motion capture facial tech for the game, known as Mocam. According to Game Informer, the tech is very much an “intriguing amalgamation of traditional animation, performance capture and the fascinating new style of performance on display in games like L.A. Noire.”[3]

Multiplayer gameplay is also making a return to Revelations. Unlike Brotherhood, players will now be able to create their own character with customized appearance and weapons, and to start a guild. Ubisoft says that while the component is returning, they’re putting greater focus towards the narrative, as it’s the heart of the franchise.[4]

Sounds good!

Places you will visit in AC:R

The Assassin's Creed series is renown for its depiction of historical time periods and cities, and Revelations continues the trend with even more impressive locations for players to explore. Leaving Italy and Rome behind, Ezio will travel to a variety of places that let players view the Assassin's Creed universe from a different perspective.

Masyaf

Like the original Assassin's Creed, Revelations' story begins with Masyaf. Ezio travels to the Assassin's fortress in search of secret knowledge once held by Altair, but he finds the area overrun by Templars.

“He goes back to Masyaf in search of answers,” says creative director Alexandre Amancio. “He wants to find the library there to learn more about the Order. He follows the footsteps of Altair to Masyaf. What begins as a pilgrimage turns into a race against time.”

Ezio can't complete his mission on his first visit, but he will return to Masyaf at the end of the game once he has collected every piece of the puzzle. Assuming Ezio succeeds in finding out what Altair knew, Masyaf is likely to be the place where we learn crucial information tying into larger Assassin's Creed mysteries.

Constantinople

This ancient metropolis serves as the primary setting for most of Revelations' action. Ezio may be the highest ranking Assassin in the world, but he is still an outsider in this vast and complex city. Relying on aid from other Assassins to learn the ropes, Ezio soon becomes familiar with the delicate political situations in the city that is essentially the cultural center of the sixteenth century.

“Constantinople is a massive city. It actually spans two continents – on one side is Europe, and other Asia,” explains Amancio. “This is the center of the known world at that time. The spice trading and all that related trade happened through Constantinople. It was one of the main reasons that Europeans tried to go around Africa – because Constantinople was this great hub controlled by the Ottomans. And, essentially, everything needed to go through that city.”

In Revelations, Constantinople is split into four distinct districts: Constantin. Beyazid, Imperial, and Galata. Each one sports a different visual style, from the poorer areas of Constantin to Galata's bustling port. This ensures that even though players will be spending a lot of time in one city, each area has its own distinct vibe.

Cappadocia

In a departure from the cities one normally finds in Assassin's Creed, Cappadocia isn't just populated by regular civilians. This underground stronghold is a Templar city, but not just in the sense that it is under Templar control; it is populated by the sworn enemies of Ezio's order.

“Part of it is above ground, but its true secret is underground,” Amancio says. “This is the first time something like this has been done in the franchise. We have this complete underground city.”

An underground, Templar-filled city may sound like something Ezio would be better off avoiding. However, the Templars are undoubtedly hiding key information at their seat of power, so Ezio will have to take the risk and explore Cappadocia's caverns and twisting tunnels.

Rhodes

While Ezio won't necessarily travel there, players will get to experience Rhodes as a new multiplayer location. In the sixteenth century, the island of Rhodes is under the control of the Knights Hospitallers, who have built palaces and castles, effectively transforming the island into a fortress. However, Rhodes has a long history of occupation by different cultures, and in the timeframe of Revelations, the Ottomans are attempting to claim it for themselves.

For more exclusive Assassin's Creed Revelations coverage, head over to our hub!

The Places You'll Go In AC Revelations - Features - www.GameInformer.com

Sounds good. The ending to AC:Brotherhood has kept me wanting to know more for sure. One thing is its one of those games the moment you first play it you can't put it down.

Agree with you there mate. I thought I was gonna find the 100% achievement a grind on AC:B but was surprisingly wrong!

I just hope they don't put another maximum level multiplayer achievement in there as that was a grind!

Im a little worried this one will feel stale, i started feeling it towards the end of Brotherhood, it didn't help that i found the whole story became tedious halfway through...

Still not played 2 or 3 yet, must get them though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom