Assassin Thoughts

Dan Baker

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So when I played Blops the community raged about Ghost. It might just be me but in MW3 it seems no one is complaining about Assassin that much?

So I guess the major difference is you need blind eye equipped along side if you want to be invisible from air support as well as UAV. But at least in Blops there was a counter to Ghost in the form of the Blackbird. Maybe it's because some Ghost users also partnered it with Second Chance that further soiled the perks name.

I'm a big hardline fan but I'm using Assassin with a silenced weapon in this prestige and I think it's made a difference. Don't get me wrong I've not equipped the tent in the tactical slot I'm still constantly on the move but the ability to flank round the back and catch four people looking the other way is made so much easier.

What's everyone's thoughts noob perk or essential for doing well? More acceptable than Ghost or just as bad?

I'm not looking for acceptance it's ok for me to use it at the end of the day I'll keep doing what I like to make the game enjoyable for me to play just interested in everyone's else's thoughts.

Cheers,
Dan.

Last edited:
So when I played Blops the commnity raged about Ghost. It might just be me but in MW3 it seems no one is complaining about Assassin that much?

So I guess the major difference is you need recon equipped along side if you want to be invisible from air support as well as UAV. But at least in Blops there was a counter to Ghost in the form of the Blackbird. Maybe it's because some Ghost users also partnered it with Second Chance that further soiled the perks name.

I'm a big hardline fan but I'm using Assassin with a silenced weapon in this prestige and I think it's made a difference. Don't get me wrong I've not equipped the tent in the tactical slot I'm still constantly on the move but the ability to flank round the back and catch four people looking the other way is made so much easier.

What's everyone's thoughts noob perk or essential for doing well? More acceptable than Ghost or just as bad?

I'm not looking for acceptance it's ok for me to use it at the end of the day I'll keep doing what I like to make the game enjoyable for me to play just interested in everyone's else's thoughts.

Cheers,
Dan.

:confused:

Do you mean Blind Eye?

I absolutely hate Assassin, it's the most over powered aspect of the game, bar none.

It counters absolutely everything and the only counters I can see to date are Recon (Pro) and the Recon chopper thing.

It NEEDS to be nerfed IMO. Advanced UAV should counter it and it should not make users immune to CUAV and EMP, that's just ridiculous.

i use assassin, blind eye (extreme conditioning when playing Kill confirmed)
an dead silence. Thats all i use.
There are so many uavs going up and campers with that stupid heartbeat sensor ADS that don't see you.

I think that the perks are fairly well-balanced. If you want to be completely invisible you need to use two perks, not one, though perhaps they could have spread the capabilites of Assassin and Blind Eye a bit more evenly.

It NEEDS to be nerfed IMO. Advanced UAV should counter it and it should not make users immune to CUAV and EMP, that's just ridiculous.

I'd be inclined to agree with you on the advanced UAV front. In my opinion adavanced UAV is no where near as powerful as the blackbird was in blops given it can be taken out and doesn't seems to referesh on the UAV as quickly.

Also agree on the CUAV front.

As for the EMP I'm ok with that and would personally rather see the EMP banished never to be seen again. Nothing worse than your hard earned airsupport getting wiped out in the blink of an eye by a support streak that pretty much everyone is capable of getting in a single game.

That being said when I hear "Enemy AC130 spotted" shortly followed by "The enemy has been EMPed" I do chuckle ....

I'd be inclined to agree with you on the advanced UAV front. In my opinion adavanced UAV is no where near as powerful as the blackbird was in blops given it can be taken out and doesn't seems to referesh on the UAV as quickly.

Also agree on the CUAV front.

As for the EMP I'm ok with that and would personally rather see the EMP banished never to be seen again. Nothing worse than your hard earned airsupport getting wiped out in the blink of an eye by a support streak that pretty much everyone is capable of getting in a single game.

That being said when I hear "Enemy AC130 spotted" shortly followed by "The enemy has been EMPed" I do chuckle ....

If the Advanced UAV was beefed up so that it was like the Blackbird in BLOPS I'd be happy, can't be shot down and shows where everybody is. Lovely.

I'd also propose some kind of Assault UAV like a Blackbird that shows everybody on the UAV if they don't want to tinker with the AUAV.

In its current state, for me, Assassin is ridiculously overpowered and should be nerfed. And I'm not a nerfing type of guy usually, but IMO this is a game ruining Perk.

It counters absolutely everything and the only counters I can see to date are Recon (Pro) and the Recon chopper thing

not used this perk, so if i equip it what does it do against the assassin people?

not used this perk, so if i equip it what does it do against the assassin people?

With the standard Recon you need to either;

Flash/stun/EMP grenade them to appear on the radar.

Damage them with a Semtex/Frag or another explosive like Noob tube or Rocket launcher.

It's called "painting" them and makes the injured party appear on the radar for 10 seconds (5 if they have Dead Silence) and acts like a Blackbird for those 10 seconds with updates in real time rather than a UAV sweep.

Recon Pro: The injured person can be painted using bullets, so if you lose a gun fight but managed to "paint" them they will show up for the rest of your team to mop up. They can still be painted using flashes, grenades etc etc.

You need 120 tags/paints of an enemy to get the Pro version. In all honesty, it's a great perk but not a viable counter to Assassin since you need to actually see them or get lucky and paint them with a spam throw.

You can do a lot of painting with an XM25 that's what I used to Pro my Recon last time around. It doesn't suit every situation, but it sure has a lot of rounds.

You can do a lot of painting with an XM25 that's what I used to Pro my Recon last time around. It doesn't suit every situation, but it sure has a lot of rounds.

Dome is the best I find. Can unlock the pro version in a few games there. Just launch flashes/stuns/frags over the middle divide every time you spawn and you will get hit markers. :smashin:

Drop Zone has to be the best mode because if they're sharp they'll have Blast Shield on and you might not live too long to worry about running out of even tacticals and lethals.

The only tier 2 perk I ever use is Quickdraw, I love it.

I can see Assassin being useful in the team games but I don't play those so much. Maybe part of the reason it's so useful is due to the almost constant UAVs/ AUAVs you get now, thanks to the noob - sorry - support package.

Assassin? I absolutely love it. I never leave home without it. My first perk changes but Assassin, Dead silence and a silencer are what is common in my loadouts. Well, except my Acog sniper class :)

I love assassin because i love being on my own. I love running off on my own because team mates do not like using dead silence. i hate when i'm tracking an enemy's footsteps, hear others behind me and quickly whip around and its a team mate that just spawned by me. Then i get shot in the back by the enemy i was initially tracking! :mad:

Most people might say why not look at the map to see if its a friendly or not?

I typically play 2 feet away from a 42" telly so glancing to the top left might cost me a life rather than spin around to the source of the footsteps.

Blind eye and assassin on every class, may change that for DZ as not much use in the frantic fight:D:cool:

Last edited:
BlindEye, Blast Shield and SitRep is what you want for DZ and also a class with Recon instead of BlindEye. Trophy System, EMP are good choices and if you can't beat um join um with the Javelin spam.

Flanking has always been a part of my game going back to the days of no mini map in RTCW. So why shouldn't I use Assassin.

Last edited:
I think that it would be a slight leveller if users of Assassin showed up on Advanced UAV's as just dots (like with normal UAV's) rather than with a direction arrow.

Blind eye and assassin on every class, may change that for DZ as not much use in the frantic fight:D:cool:

Assassin pro can come in handy on dz. Last night I was lying on the floor playing dead whilst the enemy were running all around me wondering why their care packages were vanishing:devil:

I used to hate ghost and saw it as a cheap perk,but in MW3 I now see assassin as the counter to the cheap stuff in the game (support streaks,heartbeat sensor and motion sensors). I'm not against support streaks though as I'd prefer the bad players actually getting involved to earn their support streaks instead of just sitting in a corner waiting for a pred missile (I know good players use support too by the way). As annoying as assassin is, I'm happy with it countering what it does now,but I'd also like to see an advanced UAV in the assault class at 6-7 kills which would counter assassin users. Any higher than 7 kills and I don't think anyone would use it.

assassin pro can come in handy on dz. Last night i was lying on the floor playing dead whilst the enemy were running all around me wondering why their care packages were vanishing:devil:

lol

Assassin? I absolutely love it. I never leave home without it. My first perk changes but Assassin, Dead silence and a silencer are what is common in my loadouts. Well, except my Acog sniper class :)

Pretty much the same with me, although having just prestiged again i am missing it at the moment.

Pretty much the same with me, although having just prestiged again i am missing it at the moment.

What did you buy with your prestige tokens?

Assassin was one of my spends on my first prestige.

I hardly use assassin after getting pro version for the xp.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom