Asrock Vision 3D HTPC - Owners Thread

I'm not sure if this is a red herring or not. But on my 64bit drivers there is no nvmm.inf BUT another file named nvpg.inf appears to contain similar information. When I get my cinema set up again (just moved house) I will check it out and report back...
Otherwise those with 64bit Win7 might care to check themselves.
I happened to download and install driver version 280 last night (64-bit Win 7, international driver) - it certainly does have an nvmm.inf file.

Edit: it might have been 280.19 that I installed - will check tonight. I see 280.26 was just released.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the detective work!:clap:

I'm not sure if this is a red herring or not. But on my 64bit drivers there is no nvmm.inf BUT another file named nvpg.inf appears to contain similar information. When I get my cinema set up again (just moved house) I will check it out and report back...
Otherwise those with 64bit Win7 might care to check themselves.
Is that Asrock supplied drivers? I have checked both the Windows 7 32bit & 64bit downloads direct from the Nvidia site and both have the nvmm.inf file

Note - Driver version 280.26 is now available from Nvidia

I happened to download and install driver version 280 last night (64-bit Win 7, international driver) - it certainly does have an nvmm.inf file.
I gather the install went ok for you with the info I supplied? Wasn't able to test the install for the 64bit drivers myself as I'm running a 32bit system.

I gather the install went ok for you with the info I supplied?
It certainly did :thumbsup:

Just checked: I installed 280.26 last night (i.e. the latest), so yes, the nvmm.inf file is definitely there in the folder mentioned above.

Last edited:
Probably just my earlier driver set. Maybe those did not have that .inf file. As windows search did not find it. Maybe i'll give it a try providing the new Nvidia drivers doesn't bork my 3DVision work around -a case "if it ain't broke...."

Anyway well done Jeff!

Help!!!!

Just moved house and setting up the asrock in the bedroom with an oldish panasonic LCD tv. Can get picture perfectly via hdmi but no sound. Keeps trying to play via Realtek speakers and no hdmi option in sound settings..

Any ideas gratefully appreciated

ArcAngel78 said:
Help!!!!

Just moved house and setting up the asrock in the bedroom with an oldish panasonic LCD tv. Can get picture perfectly via hdmi but no sound. Keeps trying to play via Realtek speakers and no hdmi option in sound settings..

Any ideas gratefully appreciated

Sorted it- installed new video drivers

Sorry for posting here in this thread, but I am thinking 1st ge/2nd gen would be similar....
Loving my Asrock Vision 3D 252B- expensive yes- £800 in the UK!- but fits in with my London flat and has a very small footprint. Fitted it with my SSD and it flies like the wind- and pretty near silent. Just wish Microsoft would integrate Blu-Ray into Windows....!
Just one problem- sleep and shut down. The thing won't go to sleep- it instantly reawakens itself. If I press shutdown via windows it will also reawaken itself, but if I press the power button it shuts down for good. I think the ASRock Instant Boot may be the culprit- sorry to be so vague but I was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences/solutions

Yea I had trouble with the instant boot software too- I disabled it in the end

I've never had a problem but I've never used the Instant Boot software, so yes it could the culprit.

Thanks- I guess I should go into the mechanics of it but I am too much of a novice to get the logfiles- or understand them. I tried disabling and then later uninstalling Instant Boot. Yet it still fails to go to sleep. Could it be to do with the BIOS settings ASRock uses?
Also despite using Revo Uninstaller it is still present in the Power Options- strange....

Anyone upgraded the gfx card in the 1st gen Vision 3D?

I need a bit more grunt, is it possible? What type of card etc?

Anyone upgraded the gfx card in the 1st gen Vision 3D?

I need a bit more grunt, is it possible? What type of card etc?
They use MXM modules for the gfx card so in theory they are replaceable, no idea if it can actually be done on the Vision 3D.

Hi everyone,

I just got this Vision 3d (sandy bridge) today and i've set it all up, except for this one part - the remote control. How the heck did you guys get the back cover off to put in the batteries? it won't slide off and it feels like it will break if i try to pry it off with a knife or coin. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I just got this Vision 3d (sandy bridge) today and i've set it all up, except for this one part - the remote control. How the heck did you guys get the back cover off to put in the batteries? it won't slide off and it feels like it will break if i try to pry it off with a knife or coin. Any help would be appreciated.
No problems with mine, hold with back cover facing you and upside down so bottom is facing up, then press down firmly on indentation on back cover and slide finger up (so you are sliding cover to bottom of remote) and it should come off.

i guess i just wasn't pushing that indentation hard enough the first few times. Got it this time around. thanks for the tip.

Jeff, need your help!

I'm playing a bluray (game of thrones) via Tmt and the amp is saying I'm just getting stereo sound. Are there any settings on the asrock I should be checking?

hi all 0/ . possibly a dumb question , i was given an asrock vision 3d 156b by my brother in law . no install disc (i grabbed drivers n such from asrock website) i installed win 7, 32 bit , the index tells me that its graphics are rated as 1.0 ,also the nvidia gpu install program on their website says that there is no nvidia hardware, any ideas as to what i can do to remedy this or if its really gpu-less where i might buy a replacement ??

as you may have guessed im not too techie , soz

BAD9eR said:
hi all 0/ . possibly a dumb question , i was given an asrock vision 3d 156b by my brother in law . no install disc (i grabbed drivers n such from asrock website) i installed win 7, 32 bit , the index tells me that its graphics are rated as 1.0 ,also the nvidia gpu install program on their website says that there is no nvidia hardware, any ideas as to what i can do to remedy this or if its really gpu-less where i might buy a replacement ??

Hi- Type Device Manager in Start and see if the card is listed and if it is working correctly. There is a known issue on the Nvidia detection site. Just download the latest drivers manually for your card. Windows should have detected it and downloaded it's own latest drivers however...

Also 1 question- I can only see a 152b Ion, not a vision 3d listed on the web. If it is the former there is no graphics card in it. But I am hardly a techie either!

Check my post #96 further up the page for how to update the graphic drivers with the latest from the Nvidia website.

Finally worked out how to install the latest drivers from the Nvidia site on the 3D Vision :thumbsup:

Hi Jeff, thanks for going to the trouble of investigating and posting this fix you detailed in #96. Just a quick question- i have the 252B Sandy Bridge with the GT540M- when like many here, I encountered the problem of loading the latest drivers, I simply installed the non-netbook driver- the one for the GT545. It loaded fine. Does it matter to the performance, etc, that I am using the "wrong drivers"?

Hi Jeff, thanks for going to the trouble of investigating and posting this fix you detailed in #96. Just a quick question- i have the 252B Sandy Bridge with the GT540M- when like many here, I encountered the problem of loading the latest drivers, I simply installed the non-netbook driver- the one for the GT545. It loaded fine. Does it matter to the performance, etc, that I am using the "wrong drivers"?
Sorry don't know enough about how the drivers work to say, the 425M was a laptop only part so never looked at trying the desktop drivers. I guess you could try and compare the contents of the different driver packs to see what if any differences there are, but if they loaded ok then I suspect they'll be ok.

Anyone having nvidia driver install issues with latest driver version from nvidia for the original Asrock Vsion 3D model?

It says it can't find a compatible gfx card during isntall even though the GT 425m card is listed as supported on the driver FAQ on nvidia's site?!

Any ideas how to get it to install / force install or has anyone else got it to install?

Edit: Just seen others have issues too, checking out posted work around thanks.

Anyone having nvidia driver install issues with latest driver version from nvidia for the original Asrock Vsion 3D model?

It says it can't find a compatible gfx card during isntall even though the GT 425m card is listed as supported on the driver FAQ on nvidia's site?!
I find this seems to be a common problem with most mobile gfx cards. Usually it's some sort of OEM version than needs dedicated drivers from Dell/HP/ASRock etc rather than the generic ones. I haven't had any reason to install the very latest drivers from nVidia, but JeffD's workaround worked nicely the last time I did this :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom