ASROCK 330 Ion upgrades

janz70

Hi all,

have any of the ASrock owners upgraded there machines yet - looking at getting one but the HDD is a little small for my movie collection.

was looking in upgrading to a 1 TB HDD but which one would be the best assuming that it can be done.

also I see it takes 800 DDR2 Ram upto 4 gig - does it only have 2 slot so I need to get 2 x 2gb sticks & could you recomend some

godsakes

i'm not a asrock owner yet (just doing research myself)

but on the hard drive i'm guessing the case is built for 2.5" hard drives (largest is 500gb i believe) rather than the regular 3.5" drives if so i'd suspect you'd be best off getting an external hard drive (think you can get 1tb WD ones for around £60) or if you're streaming over the network is to add another hard drive to another networked computer in the house (you can get internal 3.5" 1.5tb samsung ones for about £70).

janz70

thanks for that just found the specs

Processor Intel® AtomTM 330 (Dual-Core CPU)
Chipset NVIDIA® IONTM graphics processor
Memory Support DDR2 800MHz, 2 x DIMMs,
maximun up to 4GB *
VGA NVIDIA® IONTM Graphics, support DX10 / Full HD 1080p
** (Blu-ray / HD-DVD) playback
HDD 2.5” HDD up to 500GB
DVD DVD Super Multi (ION 330)
I/O 1 x HDMI, 1 x D-Sub VGA, 6 x USB 2.0,
1 x S/PDIF (Optical)
LAN Gigabit LAN
Sound HD Audio 5.1 channel
Power 65W/19V Adapter
Dimension 195mm(W)x70mm(H)x186m(L)
Volume (liters) 2.5L
Weight 1.75 Kg

janz70

imo you'd be better off setting yourself up with a nas hdd for the ieon as it has a gigabit lan port.

sorry total newbie - non techie - dont know much about NAS how would I do this ?

Alison22uk

or just whack a usb hdd on it and then u can take it around with u if u ever go to other peoples houses or want it when u were on holiday.

janz70

to be honest I only ever watch movies on the 42" panasonic in the front room, so extra external HDD would be ok I suppose, I just wanted to keep it all in one box - no clutter :nono:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom