Aspirant intending to create documentaries asking for “advice” about edition software

cadu

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am indenting to introduce in a methodological way the use of semi-professional documentaries in university at area of management.

So, I am looking for a semi-professional video editing software that has the features to support this kind of development, preferentially being easy-to-use.

After reading some reviews, I am considering in first moment “Corel VideoStudio X4 Ultimate” and “CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Ultra”. But I don’t have almost any knowledge about video editors to make by myself a mature evaluation/judgment. In this sense I would appreciate some support:

- Does anyone know these software?

- Are they able to offer high-features to my intending usage?

- Which one is the better? Does anyone have other software recommendation?

Thanks indeed in advance,
Cadu

My notebook configuration: Dell Vostro, Intel Corei5, 6GB RAM, Video Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6630M 1GB/128-bit.

I could find in Vegas Platinum 11 my best choice considering power and flexibility to video edition, although it has more complex interface that the other software.

Take a look at EDIUS Neo 3 | Grass Valley .

The full blown 'Edius' professional editing software package is supplemented by this semi-professional 'Neo 3' version.

More comprehensive than the consumer products you have referred to, and so possibly more suitable for your 'semi-professional' requirements?
A free trial is available, to check if it suits your needs.....

Vegas studio v11 is a bargain at any level, also it's well supported by web-groups and there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube . . . hope that helps.
Also, if students need a copy for their own use, it's cheap enough at barely more than £25.
The Studio "Production Suite" is only a few pounds more, well worth it IMHO.
v11 introduces 3D editing, 1080p support and an animated titler, borrowed from the "Pro" version. If these are important to you then DYOR - visit sony creative website (not exactly a model of clarity) - but if buying cheaply, I'd warn against having a 30-day download, FWIW.

However, I'm not entirely sure what OP is attempting to say.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom