Aspect ratio

mobily

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a bit of a football nut and I watched the premiership last night from an analogue signal on a widescreen tv. The picture seemed stretched as though to fill the screen.

I watched the same programme this morning through ntl and the picture seemed the correct size and shape without making the players look like overweight pie eaters (i.e. Mark Viduka ;))

Are analogue signals usually broadcast in 4:3 whilst sky, ntl and freeview tend to broadcast in a number of difference aspect ratios?

Thanks for your help,

James :)

Analog signals are always 4x3 format. Picture content may occasionally be 14x9. Format AND content of digital signals vary at the whim of the broadcaster.

As a follow up, I have a freeview box and I know they broadcast evrything in widescreen wherever available (practicaly evrything on bbc, the premiership etc.) Is it the same on SKY?

Liam.

As a follow up, I have a freeview box and I know they broadcast evrything in widescreen wherever available (practicaly evrything on bbc, the premiership etc.) Is it the same on SKY?

Liam.

Liam.

Hi Liam,

Firstly, I have heard of ways of boosting the amount of posts you do but that's ridiculous. ;)

I'm pleased that freeview broadcast in widescreen as watching analogue broadcasts on widescreen isn't as pleasing on the eye. The picture looks blatantly stretched.

James :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom