1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aspect ratio problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MikeRJ, Jan 1, 2005.

1. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have an Epson TW10 and a Pinoneer DV575. The Pioneer is set to output a 16:9 picture, and is connected to the projector via component ouputs. The problem is that when playing a widescreen DVD with the projector aspect ratio set to "Normal", I get a squashed up 4:3 picture. I have to set the projector to "Squeeze" to get a 16:9 picture, is this correct? With the TW10 being a native 16:9 projector I'd have thought "Normal" would be projecting a 16:9 picture.

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Does it do it on all DVD's?
    I also have a 575 with component going into the TX100 which is also native 16:9. The Hitachi seems to automatically adjust between 4:3 and 16:9 depending on the DVD.
    What I'm trying to say I think is that it depends on the AR of the source....PJ

3. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, haven't really tried many as I just gave the PJ a quick test after sorting the ceiling mount (HC room under construction!). I put Shawn of the Dead on which is a 2.35:1 Anamorphic disc and that displayed the odd behaviour. Will give a few more discs a try after plumbing in all the wiring today.

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    OK, have fun! Report back on how things progress...PJ