Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Aspect ratio problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MikeRJ, Jan 1, 2005.

1. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have an Epson TW10 and a Pinoneer DV575. The Pioneer is set to output a 16:9 picture, and is connected to the projector via component ouputs. The problem is that when playing a widescreen DVD with the projector aspect ratio set to "Normal", I get a squashed up 4:3 picture. I have to set the projector to "Squeeze" to get a 16:9 picture, is this correct? With the TW10 being a native 16:9 projector I'd have thought "Normal" would be projecting a 16:9 picture.

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Does it do it on all DVD's?
    I also have a 575 with component going into the TX100 which is also native 16:9. The Hitachi seems to automatically adjust between 4:3 and 16:9 depending on the DVD.
    What I'm trying to say I think is that it depends on the AR of the source....PJ

3. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, haven't really tried many as I just gave the PJ a quick test after sorting the ceiling mount (HC room under construction!). I put Shawn of the Dead on which is a 2.35:1 Anamorphic disc and that displayed the odd behaviour. Will give a few more discs a try after plumbing in all the wiring today.

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    OK, have fun! Report back on how things progress...PJ