Aspect ratio problem using COPY function

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by rberman, Sep 13, 2007.

1. rberman

rberman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    My SKY+ box has suddenly developed a bug that has never been there before.

When I use the COPY function on the Planner to play back a number of SKY+ recordings in sequence (in order to copy them onto a separate HDD recorder for subsequent archiving to DVD), widescreen recordings are outputting as 4:3 Letterbox rather than in proper 16:9.

My SKY+ is properly set up for 16:9 viewing under the settings menu, and individual recording play back fine using the Planner in proper 16:9 aspect ratio.

Has anyone else had this problem and found our how to resolve it? Is it perhaps a bug in the latest version of the software?

Rodney Berman

2. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    Rodney, you're about 3 months behind the rest of the world...

3. marky2027

marky2027

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Had same problem and a forced software download cured it. It may work and well worth a try. Press and hold back up button on front of box. Switch box off at mains (just pull out power cord at back of box). Turn back on (plug back in). Keep back up pressed all of the time during this and once box is turned back on wait until message appears on screen about software update. Now take your finger off back up button and leave your box for about 10 minutes. box will then go to standby. wait for about another 5 mins and then turn it on. Good luck and don't use copy function in future just play it instead!!

4. noiseboyuk

noiseboyuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Only just caught up with these threads several months late! What is the current situation? I was about to to a forced download as described above, until a read the last line... when I wondered what the point of doing it at all was!