1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aspect Ratio on RD-XS32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by the_Geezer, Jan 14, 2005.

1. the_Geezer

the_Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I recorded JAKE 2.0 on the Tos RD-XS32 HDD from sky one which plays great on my TV with the auto 16.9 then back to 4.3 when the adds come.

The problem is when I go to DVD-VIDEO CREATION and add the Jake file with the adds edited out so its all 16.9 picture this is what comes up in a window .

Selection of pre-writing test in the next option setting is recommended to check whether aspect ratio coexists

Tried this and the dvd come out in 4.3 cropped then I tried manually setting to 16.9 and the picture size looked like it was zoomed in

Help me :lease:

2. AVFan7667

AVFan7667
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had some problems with aspect ratios when recording movies on Sky.

In my case it was that the intro (the 20th Century Fox logo etc.) started in 4:3 and half way through went to 16:9.

Check a few frames either side of the cuts you made to make sure they show 16:9 in the chapter edit screen, and check the intro section and the exit sections.

3. the_Geezer

the_Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    for all the people that us SKY+ and a Tos SX32

is the picture format on your sky+ box set to 4.3L , 4.3 , 16.9