1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aspect ratio convertion with PC games.

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Mr Eek, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Mr Eek

Mr Eek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello :)
    I was wondering about be best possible way of converting standard 4:3 ratio games (1078x768, 1280 x 1024 etc) into widescreen analog progressive signals 720p & 1366 x 768 native resolution in particular.

I am using currently a Sony 11HT projector linked to an ATI 9700 radeon card using ATI HDTV component adaptor. I am able to kind of get widescreen format but much cropping of screen occurs.
    I will probably upgrade components when HL2 is out, but currently I am unable to sort a good setup for Far Cry or Doom III. I have used powerstrip for DVD, but settings are lost switching video modes from within games.

Would a scaler/upconverter like Zinwell BLS range do this trick
    Thks :smashin:

2. loftfuton

loftfuton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Mr Eek

You'r set-up is remarkably similar to mine, as is your problem. I'm new to all of this, and apologise beforehand if what I am about to say falls into the category of granny and eggs.
    I have the Radeon 9800pro feeding Sony 10HT via DVI out using the analogue RGB signal on that output. My game of choise at the minute is Far Cry - are we separated twins or what???

After much pockling about and head scratching I finally managed to get an un-cropped 16:9 picture by setting both the graphics card output, and the resolution in the video section of the game set-up to 1760 x 1000.

Harry