1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aspect Ratio capture problem

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Garion, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Garion

Garion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    My Sony HC 18E went wrong on holiday and had to be replaced.
    I bought the HC 19E and connected it up to Studio 9 to capture the footage I had taken on holiday with the old camera.
    The PC found the new camera with no probs. but capture ended after a short while saying that the aspect ratio differed on the tape.
    All camera settings relating to widescreen have been set to widescreen just like the previous camera. As far as I am aware, the holiday footage was taken in widescreen.

Is there a way to set Studio 9 to widescreen? The ratio setting is grayed out in studio 9, as digital footage seems to be configured automatically.

How can I capture the full footage?

Thank you.

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Studio 9 detects what is recorded on the tape and maually adjusts it aspect ratio to show either widescreen (16:9) or 4:3 if you are recording on DV. You should not have to manually adjust aspect ratios unless you are recording via analogue.

If you have recorded mixed footage this may confuse Studio during the capture process.

All I can suggest is you attempt to capture each segment from tape. If the capture process stops restart it and give it a new name. Once all footage is captured check the avi properties to see what the resolution is i.e. widescreen or 4:3.

Also make sure you are using the latest Studio 9 patch. There have been fixes for widescreen camcorders in previous Studio 9 patches. THe latest should be 9.4.3.