1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ask a4 impression projector wiring

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Rick, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Rick

Rick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused:

I have acquired an ASK A4 Impression LCD projector and want to connect it to my DVD player.

Here is the problem. The projector has two inputs, which are 26 pin D type. (ASK's own).

I have a copy of the pin configs in the original handbook. Here is the URL. Its on page 43.

http://www.ask.no/pdf/uk/a4engd.pdf

The projector will take two types of input, both S-video and Composite in its on screen menus. ASK have already confirmed that it will take video input but are unwilling to give me the info I require.

My problem is that I wish to make a cable that will connect the two together.

ASK do make a multimedia cable to do this job but it retails at £125 and I am loathed to pay this as the projector is on permanent loan and may have to go back in the future.

Can some one help to tell me which pins I will need from either the s-video or composite out of my DVD to connect to the ASK projector. My DVD player is a Toshiba 2109e,with S-video,Composite and Scart RGB out.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

2. henry russell

henry russell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Did you ever get an answer to your ASK Projector wiring question?

I've been given one without cables so cannot connect to anything or get cables for the projector.

Henry