Question Ask a stupud question?

grahamricho

Hi I have a fuji xa7 camera without a viewfinder and I wear reading glasses.

I can just about cope with the screen but was wondering if I up graded to the fuji xt30 with viewfinder I noticed the view finder has a focus on it? Could I then focus it to my reading glasses 2.5 x and not need my glasses?

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
2.5 might be pushing it a bit. I can adjust my Canon for my 1.5 eyesight, so I am sure you will be able to improve a little.

Just bear in mind what you won't get is the magnification that glasses can bring. You may still struggle to see focus accurately as you will see a very small picture, albeit in better focus!!

shotokan101

Banned
Find one in a shop and try?

grahamricho

Ok is it normally a manual dial on the camera?
What you adjust and then dont have to touch again?
I think I'd better try one in person before biting the bullet.
Not sure who has them on display, my local currys has them listed but went in today and non on display only Canon cameras no Fuji what so ever thanks

spannersatcx

It is a manually adjusted diopter, I wear reading glasses +2 I think and have no problem when the diopter is adjusted, have to put glasses on the review the shot, otherwise they all appear blurred 😁

Zone

It is a manually adjusted diopter, I wear reading glasses +2 I think and have no problem when the diopter is adjusted, have to put glasses on the review the shot, otherwise they all appear blurred 😁

That's soooo me :D

snerkler

Distinguished Member
I just wear contact lenses which solves it all :D

Joking aside, most cameras go to -2 diopter but you can usually get eyepiece correction lenses to increase the power of correction. Fuji do some, but I’m not sure if they do them for the X-T30

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom