1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ashanti R2 (Mosaic release)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Setenza, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    I bought this as part of a 5 for £30 offer in Virgin. I have fond memeories of this very 70's international action film, directed bythe dependable Richard Fleisher.

But, shock horror!

Despite it's 16 x 9 labelling, it quickly defaults to full screen once the credits have rolled.

Worst still it has some strange cuts for content which cannot be blamed on the BBFC.

If anyone else remembers this fim theres a scene were one of the slavers asked Peter Ustinov if he can "have" a teenage african boy who is one of the prisoners. He is unchained and led of camera wereyou here him scream. This seems to have vanished.

Kabir Bedi plays the desert avenger Malik. There is a scene were he describes to Michael Caine what happened to his family at the hands of the slavers. I believe the phrase sodomy was banded about. This whole soliloquy seems to have gone.

Also all the fancy fights that Malik has with the slavers are trimmed. You don't see any of the knife wounds.

But strangely enough, they did leave in the bullets hits to both ankle scene.

I phoned Mosaic (bet they thought I was a total mentalist) and point out the failings of this release. They blalmed it all on the print that they were supplied with.

So there you go. If your a Michael Caine fan then avoid this UK release like the plague.

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +957
    bummer. I always liked this one, shame it's turned out one to be avoided :(