1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ash ?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, Dec 18, 2002.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Apart from me, does anyone like Ash, namely 77 and Free all angels, cant say I have heard Nu clear sounds. Most people I know seem to dislike them. To be honest, I dont understand why.

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I dislike Ash because they are the same age as me, come from the same county as me, have more money than me, are more famous than me but most importantly, play really crap music :D.

They supported U2 during the PopMart tour in Belfast a few years ago so I had the chance to see them live. Needless to say I can't remember a thing so couldn't possibly comment on Ash's performance (or U2's for that matter) ;).

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Groundy, your already a confirmed Ash hater so you dont count, but for some unknown reason you seem to favour the Stereophonics (they must be in the same catergory). Still dont get the crap music bit, thats not to say they are amazingly talented, but I would happily listen to 1977 or Angels for a whole album, whilst driving to appointments, whereas with someone like Coldplod Id be asleep.

Anyway somebody who doesnt recognise the undoubted technical genius and classic song writing ability of Hear say does not deserve to comment;) :p

PS Ash ,have a female guitarist now.....surely that must count for something :confused:

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I liked Ash's first CD, 1977.

After that, they seemed to think they were God's gift to music and the pomposity really came through in their writing and performances. I haven't bought anything past that first CD.

Ash are not U2. Somebody needs to tell them that. :D

5. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I knew that Hear' Say thread would come back to haunt me :rolleyes: ;).

Anyway, I need a good slapping if I suggested I actually like Sterophonics because I don't. In fact I hate them more than Ash :D.

Coldplay also bore me to death. I bought their Parachutes album last Xmas and listened to it once - thought it was slow with no energy. While I like their new song, I doubt I'll buy the album.

If truth be told though, I do actually like one or two Ash songs :blush:. Shining Light was quite catchy but on the whole, all their songs are easily forgettable....in my opinion offcourse.

You're right about the female guitarist though - adds an extra dynamic to the band I suppose.

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hear'say? I missed that one :D

Everyone knows I adore Coldplay, but for the record, I also think Stereophonics are the bee's knees :)

7. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    so, to summarise. You have taken a dislike to Ash due to their pomposity and they are preferred to Coldplod and Stereophonics on at least a couple of songs. I must have missed out on the "we are rock gods" era, because up until a couple of years ago, I had none of their albums. If you like 77, you will like free all angels, very similar, but with extra guitar juice squeezed in or is that out.

Plus groundy has a secret respect for hearsay and since their demise, has realised what a huge loss the music scene has suffered..............who will fill that vacuum:rolleyes: ;)

Right, back to proper music, where did I put that Will Young album.

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I should have just said, Ash are sh*t, they never wrote anything of worth after 1977 ;) :p

9. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Too late:p ;)

10. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    ash are fantastic lol the did kinda die off after 1977 though but i thought there new stuff aint as bad as what people said.

11. Sgt.Colon

Sgt.Colon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Used to like Ash back in the days of Jackie Chan - Girl from Mars and then they went a bit poo :)

12. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to see Sgt.Colon always agrees with me :D

13. Matt M

Matt M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ash are fantastic.

I have got all 3 albums and even though Nuclear Sounds is a little disappointing, Free all Angels and 1977 are packed with good tunes.

For those who want to sample how good this great band are, I would suggest buying the recently released gratest hits album.

They are also a great live band - and Charlotte is very easy on the eye!