• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ASDA slashes another £50 from Wii U asking price

hodg100

Distinguished Member
But is it permanent?

Only two months after taking a cool £50 off the asking price for both the Wii-U basic and premium packages, ASDA has repeated the trick, meaning you can pick Nintendo's flailing console for £149 and £199 respectively.

At this stage it's unclear if it's to be a permanent offer as the retailer is advertising a '33% Off' all Nintendo Wii Consoles, games and peripherals but if sales rocket, we wouldn't be surprised to see it become standard.

attachment.php

Nintendo Chief Satoru Iwata has recently spoken openly on the disappointing beginning to the Wii U's lifespan, blaming the Company's poor explanation to the public of what the console has to offer as chief amongst the reasons for its sluggish start.

Well, there's nothing like a price-cut to get sales going but with the next gen consoles from Sony and Microsoft just around the corner, they need to pick up quickly before the Wii U gets swallowed by the vastly more powerful competition.

Attachments

• wiiu.png
    wiiu.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 488

Sonic67

Banned
Lack of AAA titles more like. When do Sony cut the price of the Vita?

chippyteaforme

I bought a Wii on release day morning - the idea of 'motion control' really sucked me in. Sold it on about a week later (not for a profit!) to a friend who missed out when their pre-order didn't get stocked when it felt too gimmicky.

I bought a 3DS on release day, the idea of glasses-less 3D sucking me in. That also lasted about a week before being sold on. Reason? Too gimmicky. The 3D was impressive when first turned on, but became a hindrance in the end, where moving your head caused double-images and what-not. Ended up running 3D at it's lowest level, or off altogether, then got rid and went back to a DSi XL with it's back catalogue of awesome titles :)

I saw the Wii-U... and it just didn't do anything at all for me, so I haven't bothered so far.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom