Asda selling cheap Blu Ray players

Curtis Blu-Ray Player DVD1100UK | DVD Player | ASDA direct

The first is a cheap branded one for £95:

Philips BDP3000 Blu-ray Disc Player | DVD Player | ASDA direct

Second is a branded player for £97. And the cheapest Blu Ray movies I've seen is Blockbuster with the largest range at £7.99. :thumbsup:

Hi Gadget 123 and welcome to the forums,

The Asda Curtis has been around for awhile and has been advertised at £95 fairly recently and so it may drop even lower in price as Christmas Time approaches .... HO HO, HO !!!!! Sorry about that. Better Out Than IN as they Say.

A few months back that Curtis was available in Currys at prices reported to be down toward the £40 mark ... alas not in the Currys that I have easy access to in the vicinity of Sunderland. :rolleyes:

By all accounts the Curtis ... US of Aliens designed in California and manufactured in the Mysterious East of China ... is a really good basic Blu Ray Player and I have considered it and Hunted the Very Rare Asda Beast in my immediate vicinity ..no Luck.

My own choice for a multi region Blu and Standard, in multi Region for both, does seem to be dipping toward the Oppo 83 ...

Region Free OPPO BDP-83

This despite the fact that my British Pioneer 51 works pretty well with my system and that I have very few US of Aliens DVD/Blu Ray films.

It would have been satisfying to pick up a Curtis at the £50 price level but ... what the Hell perhaps I shouldn't be so Mean and Stingy? :devil:

Arnold.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom