Asda Mobile

bogart99

When they used EE were sort of usable. We live in the sticks and most times the mobile signal was very poor at best but one could if you wandered outside get a signal for a phone call same with data. Now they have moved to Vodaphone is just non existent data wise and the phone signal is worse than before, and that takes some doing.
Pointless contacting them. One used to speak to somebody over here now it goes to Egypt. I find odd one provider can be so much worse than another though coverage would be roughly same as must be using same transmission mast.

bogart99

See shows what I know, thanks. All this talk of 5G I would like 0G as a starter. All I get data wise is H with an up pointing arrow, for a few fleeting seconds, never an arrow pointing down

Dave X

See shows what I know, thanks. All this talk of 5G I would like 0G as a starter. All I get data wise is H with an up pointing arrow, for a few fleeting seconds, never an arrow pointing down

That is unusual as Vodafone (and o2) have pretty much blanket coverage on 2G, I’d expect them to at least have that.

You haven’t mentioned the type of phone as Vodafone use a different base layer for 4G (band 20) compared to EE (band 3) and some early Chinese models didn’t have band 20 support.

Also, have you checked your data APN (in settings) is correct for Asda?

Last edited:

bogart99

Just done all the configuring according to Asda, thanks for the link. Is no different. Will just have to accept Vodafone internet out here does not exist, as I say EE was crap also. Next time we move house a decent mobile signal and a decent broadband will be at the top of the list. Spent too many years relying on a couple of pieces of wet string.

camallison

Novice Member
I apologise for hijacking this thread, but I can't find how to start a new thread.
Since Asda Mobile changed from EE to Vodafone, I find that after only 2 rings, the call switches to voicemail. I tried to change it using the code **61*121*11*30 that changes it to 30 secs for Vodafone subscribers. It doesn't work for Asda Mobile though.
Any suggestions?
Colin

depot

Just tried to do this on a plus net sim, can’t get it to go past 20 seconds length, that’s annoying.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom