1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASDA - Duraband PTV7017 Audio Problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rubberjohnny, Oct 15, 2005.

1. rubberjohnny

rubberjohnny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

A Friend of mine recently bought a Duraband 28" tv from ASDA.

The unit itself appears fine but their problem is that they're using the av-out sockets on the back of the tv to hook into a surround speaker setup.
    This would appear fine for the most part, and when watching terrestrial TV channes the outputs appear to work fine, however when they switch to the av channel for dvds, videos, ect, the rear audio outs still output the previous tv channel sound, not the AV channel sound.

i.e if you were watching BBC 1 and then switch to AV1 to watch a DVD say, the audio outputs on the rear of the tv still output the audio for BBC 1! not for whatever the dvd audio is. :confused:

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of, or have a similar problem with this or another unit and could help them out.

many thanks :)

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I do recall a wierd sound fault on a budget TV/combi before, dont remember the brand but it does sound like a similar problem. I think it was designed that way.

Nigel

3. rubberjohnny

rubberjohnny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, i've noticed myself that someone else on another forum has had the same fault with the same unit. So with this combined with what you mention leads me to believe it's designed that way too.

Oh well i'll break the bad news to them and see what they want to do with the unit. :confused:

thanks again