Asda Direct £5 Blu-rays

Damn. Boogie Nights, Contact and Mars Attacks are tempting, but I must read the reviews first.

Damn. Boogie Nights, Contact and Mars Attacks are tempting, but I must read the reviews first.

hi mate i have all three but boogie is still sealed.

having only seen the other 2 once i can't be to precise but the transfers are worthy of a fiver, i think contact had a pumped up contrast which is quite noticable if your sensitive to these things, i certailnly felt it had.
mars attacks is certainly an upgrade from the r2 dvd and much better than the reviews i had read previous to purchase.
from what i can gather boogie is a straight port of the US disc abliet different cover art, the US release was apparently supervised by PTA .
hiope this helps :)

Thanks, dannydj. Yes, that was very helpful. The only "proper" reviews of the UK blus are by dvdtherapy, which seems to have died! Anyway, I've ordered all three.

Wow, that was quick! Ordered Boogie Nights/Contact/Mars Attacks! last Thursday at 11:41 p.m., shipped on Friday, delivered 8:55 a.m. this morning (Monday) by a very pleasant female independent courier from Hermes.
(Hadn't heard of Hermes until 2 weeks ago, when musicMagpie used them to collect a box of DVDs. Very competitive prices, especially considering the home collection.)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom