ASD-1R iPod Dock + Denon 2307

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Scapegoat, Apr 30, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Scapegoat

Scapegoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Have got the dock connected and its assigned to the CD input.

When I select it I get the display on the Amp and the TV and using the directional buttons under flap on the rear of the remote I can select Playlists/artists etc. and get it to play.

However:

1) Once its playing how do I get back to the menus?

2) I cannot seem to skip tracks / pause etc using the buttons on the remote and have to use the iPod itself.

3) Is there a quick way of cycling through artists etc? I just can press the up/down arrows and move through very slowly (and I have 600+ artists on my iPod) and its painful compared to the iPods wheel.

Thanks in anticipation of some help.

2. Scapegoat

Scapegoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    OK - after a bit of time playing round and reading manuals for both the Dock and the Amp I think I get answer some of the questions - so thought I post in case anyone else has a similar problem.

Using the buttons under the flap on the back of the 2307 remote, pressing the left arrow key takes you back to the menus.

The dock manual indicates that you use the normal buttons for play and pause, skip etc but this doesn't work. Further reading of the 2307 manual informed me you use the buttons on the back of the remote again:

Pause = Ent button in middle of arrows
    Skip tracks = press up or down arrows
    FFwd/Rwd tracks = press and hold the up of down arrows
    Stop = press and hold enter button for 2 seconds
    Repeat options = press the mode button (to left of arrows on reverse) to cycle through options
    shuffle mode options = press memory button on FRONT of the remote.

If you press and hold mode down for more than 2 seconds it changes the control so that only the arrow buttons and ent work and you use the iPod screen rather than the amp/tv.

Appranently not :(

Overall I am not really that impressed with this dock - buttons are not intuative, difficult to navigate through large lists of artists or albums.

Might look into alternative ones to see if there is anything better out there with its own remote and flog this on.