artograph led 300 vs other projectors on the market

soleiro

Standard Member
Reaction score
i am about to purchase an artograph led 300, i have sourced one for £400. i was wondering whats the difference in in the led 300 compared to an average projector used for viewing movies and general home entertainment?

looks like its only 300 lumens so imo you'll need a batcave to really make use of it. Most DLP/LCD pj tend to be around 1200-3000 lumens. You should be able to get a 1080p DLP pj for around £400 mark but with these the bulbs last around 1000-3000 hours.

It's probably OK in a very dark room zoomed to a size no bigger than 50", but then in this case might be better with a flat screen TV IMHO. As TR says, look out for a used model for the same sort of money that will do the job properly. ;)

Even the 300 lumens figure is probably exaggerated or when using a horribly inaccurate mode.

Well it's for projecting images on to canvasses and tracing them, it has a function to produce transparent images, and change the images to black a white can other pj's do this? I think the artograph is over priced compared to the spec of the rest of pj's, but none of the average retail pj's have marketed themselves to the artist field

I think that is the same as the lg hw300g and there is alot of info of that on avs forum which is the american version of this wedsite, there is alot about led projectors on there, they helped me decide which projector to get which was the older version of that one ,the lg hx300g same brightnesss but xga resolution . I have it projecting to a 80 inch screen made from blackout cloth and its fine as long as there is not any direct sunlight. I choose the older version because I wanted a 4:3 screen for a bigger screen size in a small room.

I'm still in two minds what to buy I'm going to email the artograph company and ask them what's so special about their projector compared to the average movie projector I can buy in pc world??

Its special because the bulb lasts upto 20,000 hours and only loses 10% of its brightness, it can be turned on and off without a cooldown period and takes 3 seconds to start up , it uses less power and puts out less heat than normal projectors. read the reveiws of the lg hw300g. also its very portable

Last edited:
While it sounds like it might suit the OP's unusual use, bare in mind that there is more to a projector than how long it's lamp lasts. The colours, contrast and motion performance may not be on a par with a 'proper' home cinema model, but it depends on your priorities. :)

so this is what the website says about the projector!

"Use the 18 custom layout grids, precise color controls and color to B&W feature right away. With multiple input options, you will be able to access digital images from almost any source—computers, SD cards, digital cameras and other digital sources. The 30,000 hour maintenance-free 300 lumen LED lamp provides a brilliant and accurate image projection from 15 inches to 80 inches + in almost any lighting condition, making it ideal for the studio, on-site and presentations."

Whats your thoughts?

Its the same as the lg hw300g only with a few extras bolted on. read the avs forum, there should be enough info on there for you to make your mind up or you could buy one and if you dont like it send it back. My lg hx300g gives a great picture and it is lower res.

Hi ,
im interested in buying the same projector could you tell me where you sourced it for £400
thankyou
clare:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom