1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Artisan or Claritis??

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by stevomacca, Feb 3, 2005.

1. stevomacca

stevomacca
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Which one should i get, they both look good but i'm not sure whether to go for the already-put-together Artisan or the more 'custom' Claritis?? :lease:

2. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nver heard of the Claritis - what is it?

3. stevomacca

stevomacca
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  4. stuartmc

stuartmc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The question really should be whether you want to buy ready built or bulid your own. MCE2005 is not for the faint hearted. Many people have assembled their own with no problems, others report major headaches. You could get a custom builder to build you one based on a Claritas case as an alternative but be prepared for a higher cost as the Claritas case is very high quality but the cost is higher. However you would get a Media Center built to your exact requirements.

5. stevomacca

stevomacca
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    custom builder, i like the sound of that.
    where could i find one on the internet?

6. storriec

storriec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This site offers a custom build service although you'll have to ensure compatability before choosing the components as there's no relationship built into the selections - www.kustompcs.co.uk.
    However they seem to have run out of Claritis cases at the moment.
    I tried getting a friend in the Hi-Fi trade to get me a trade deal on this case but they basically sell it with no margins - it costs Stands Unique nearly 300 quid to build this case. I've got one of their Hi-Fi stands and it's also great quality.
    I've also been looking to buy or build a HTPC for a few months now and had the same decision to make.
    I've gone for the Artisan as it does everything I was looking for with the right specs and component upgradability.
    I have seen reports thet getting everything working together can be a pain so decided to let someone else do the hard work.
    Finally when I compared the prices to build against the ready built prices there wasn't that much difference!