1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Artifacts on Sony Plasma, HDSTB and DVD

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by soupratt, Apr 27, 2005.

1. soupratt

soupratt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a SONY 42X1 HD plasma television and wow, the picture is amazing. I run the TEAC HD STB800 via DVI and DVD player (component to D15 plug). I have noticed that in there artifacts appearing especially in dark or fast moving areas. These are most noticeable in the HDSTB however it is also evident on DVD images. The pixels are small green/red that flash around the border of an image on the screen very briefly and dissapear (almost like ghosting or fizzing). Some programs are better than others but all show some artifacts at some stage.
    Here is a sample (notice around hand and bag).

[​IMG]

Any ideas. Is this normal ??? Initially I thought it was the STB however, as I noted earlier, they also appear on DVD movies but less so. Tried all the various colour/resolution modes (RCB,YUV DSUB, VIDEO, 1080,720,576) and all are the same.

HELP !!!
    Cheers
    Andrei

2. sdk

sdk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is a little strange.

3. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    summats very wrong - cos dat looks like a Tiny pic...

4. sdk

sdk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are they in the same spot always, cause it could be stuck pixels. But it looks like way to many of them.

5. soupratt

soupratt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, they flash on off in fast moving or darker areas.

6. sdk

sdk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Then i have no idea what it is, might be something wrong with the panel. And is it just me or is there a pink tint on your picture? Might just be because you took a picture of it.