Artifacts on Master and Commander R2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Imrahil, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Imrahil

Imrahil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure which of the forum parts to post this in. Anyways, I just got around to watching master and commander R2 and I noticed that in all the low saturation shots (all of the dusk/ fog/ storm ocean shots) I had some severe blotches of faint red, very noticable to anyone watching.. It was basically tinting parts of the ocean, fog and sky pinkish, in certain scenes.
    It wasn't a bit here or there, literarely ALL the low saturation scenes suffered from this.
    I was playing the disc on a denon A11 in interlaced component output to a Vision pro to a pioneer HDE433. This is the first instance of this I have noticed so I thought it might be the disc itsself. However I have not managed to find anythng about this on the web so I thought I'd postr it here to hear peoples thoughts.

Elco

2. Underscore

Underscore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Watched this myself at the end of last week and noticed lots of blocking and posterisation artefacts in those scenes. Very surprised to see that level of artefacts on a new, mainstream release.

_

3. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,964
    I reviewed this recently and slated the transfer due to the issues that I saw at the beginning of the film: I didn't see any red blotches, but the early fog scenes are troubled by a host of artefacts.

Review can be found here if anyone's interested.

4. Imrahil

Imrahil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm ok .... these where definately artifacts in chroma part as the actual detail etc was fine.
    I'll take some photo's later tonight and post them up :confused: