Question Articulated wall mounts - is there such a thing?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by childejc, Dec 31, 2017.

1. childejc

childejc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The apparently perfect solution for my (still to be bought) side surrounds is an articulated wall mount similar to what my very heavy 50" plasma TV uses, but designed for a speaker. That is, it can be folded flat to the wall or be extended away from the wall. In my case I would want it to have an extension of about 24 inches to reach the optimum location when in use.

This is because I can't directly wall in the optimum location, and floor mounting there would be susceptible to being tipped over, and have trailing cables, and might not be possible anyway. But I can wall mount around 24" away from the optimum position (on both sides of the room). Not ideal, but this kind of wall mounting could be temporarily and easily be moved when necessary, which makes it appealing.

Given the capacity and stability of my TV mount, even when extended, this can't be impossible to achieve for a much lighter surround speaker, but I can't find anything that looks suitable.

Is this a silly idea, or have I just not looked hard enough? Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. childejc

childejc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    If there are no dedicated speaker mounts can I use some kind of adaptor to fix the speaker to a small articulated TV mount? I've just seen a Bose fixture to mount a speaker flush with the wall. Would something like that attach to a TV mount?

3. childejc

childejc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    This is similar to what I want

Pole Mount Articulating Speaker Stand

But it is smaller than ideal (14" vs 24"), very expensive ($285) and in America, so maybe not available here. Also it does not appear that the speaker is actually attached, which would be a bit scary, although blutac may be sufficient to fix that.

4. childejc

childejc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ok, I have now decided to stick with floor stands despite what I said earlier, so this question is now redundant so far as i am concerned.