• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Articulated Plasma Mount ?

Spy

Prominent Member
Dear All,

I am looking to buy a 50" Samsung Q7 and would like to order the mount in advance.

I want an articulated wall mount i.e. one that can pull away from the wall as well as turn.

Does anyone have their own large plasma (any make 42"+) mounted on one of these and can they recommend any ?

I am tempted by this one from RS100 which appears to be a good price at under £150: RS100 Pull out mount

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Spyros

brendan_dj

Established Member
Spy said:
I want an articulated wall mount i.e. one that can pull away from the wall as well as turn.

I am glad you clarified what you meant by "articulated". At first, I thought you were after a mount that had acquired the power of speech !:D

Spy

Prominent Member
:rotfl:

kmark40

Established Member
I am looking at this also, with a view to mounting my 42" plasma, possibly within a false wall. Have you taken the plunge yet?

Kirk

Spy

Prominent Member
I haven't bought one yet but now considering the BTech 2 arm articulated mount here BTech

Skeet

Established Member
I am glad you clarified what you meant by "articulated". At first, I thought you were after a mount that had acquired the power of speech !:D

That would be "articulate" rather than articulated:)
Still..an enviable notion, none the less.

sapper

Established Member
Dear All,

I am looking to buy a 50" Samsung Q7 and would like to order the mount in advance.

Does anyone have their own large plasma (any make 42"+) mounted on one of these and can they recommend any ?

I am tempted by this one from RS100 which appears to be a good price at under £150: RS100 Pull out mount

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Spyros

I purchased one of these recently for my 43 inch Pio, and it works well.

It is heavy mind you, a two or three person job in mounting it,and it comes supplied with a template for the holes; together with a large selecrtion of bolts etc. I secured mine with 8 substantial wall anchor bolts (M10 I think) and it wont budge an inch.

it is also slightly expensive but it is well engineered, and as Isaid relatively stright forward to mount, and plenty of screws/bolts etc.

Ghound12319

Novice Member
Do all the mounts lie flush to the wall if necessary?? I've also been looking at the AM3 was it a pain to install???

sapper

Established Member
Do all the mounts lie flush to the wall if necessary?? I've also been looking at the AM3 was it a pain to install???

Hi,

the unit does lay flush to the wall, at a depth of 5 cm or so if I remember correctly.

becasue of the template, it is easy to install, just a two or three person lift.

I was over kill in using 8 anchor bolts, but better safe then sorry.

I have soem pics some where with out the plasma if your interested.

Adrian

C

cookan

I'd love to see some pics too ! just ordered my fujitsu with an AM3 and now planning on how I'll attach it to the wall...

if you could send me some of your pics but also let me know the size of the actual mount holes, that'd be great ! (a ruler lying on the top of the mount would be great)...I plan to mount some studs and re-render that part of the wall in readiness for the new arrival...I can see the mount holes are about 4.24" apart but it doesn't show on the schematic how much lateral play there is available, or how big the actual hole is...other than providing 5/16" screws...

thanks,
Ant.

Ghound12319

Novice Member
Are you mounting to a wall?? The bolts that come with the AM3 are only suitable if you are mounting to a stud. I went and bought 6 10mm anchor bolts and secured the mount using those. I've since mounted my 42" lcd and its brill highlt recommend the mount its excellent.

Cheers

C

cookan

Hi,
yeah, I read somewhere else that they only came with stud screws...I'll be mounting in brickwork and have a separate thread on the uk.d-i-y NG which is raising lots of differing opinions on anchors vs resin injection :)

I think I'm going to go for 4 or so resin fixings top and bottom as they won't impact the integrity of the bricks, backed up with 2 sleeve anchors top and bottom (just for some mechanical reassurance)....no way that'll ever come off the wall !

just want to know now how big'a bolt I can get through the mounting hols...

Ant.

rupertx

Banned
I purchased one of these recently for my 43 inch Pio, and it works well.

It is heavy mind you, a two or three person job in mounting it,and it comes supplied with a template for the holes; together with a large selecrtion of bolts etc. I secured mine with 8 substantial wall anchor bolts (M10 I think) and it wont budge an inch.

it is also slightly expensive but it is well engineered, and as Isaid relatively stright forward to mount, and plenty of screws/bolts etc.

How are you getting on with the mount ? Are yo pleased with it ?
Now then, can it be mounted with the hinge on either side ?
The reason I ask is....In the sample pictures it shows the screen swung out at 90 degrees to face the left.
I want to swing it out facing left but hinged on the right so the screen becomes further away from the viewing seat. Hope that makes sense.
I suppose what i am really saying is that the screen will swing out to the right then fold back on itself to face to the left.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom