1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Articos and AV29 Problems - You there Groundy?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Moo242, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Moo242

Moo242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had my Articos delivered - rather lovely it is too. However, can't seem to get a signal running through my QED AV29 compenent to scart cable. I finally managed to get 'something' on the screen but it was two pictures squashed up side by side (like the teletext PIP feature).

I've set AV3 to Sync on Y and tried every which way but loose - the lead cost me £50 and I wanna make sure it works.

Any ideas?

using Pioneer 575 DVD player

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +753
    I may be off track here but I am wondering whether you are feeding it a progressive scan signal whilst the TV is expecting an interlaced one.
    Chris Muriel, Manchester.

3. helicon2

helicon2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hey Moo,

How did you get on with delivery etc from TV and Video Direct? And how is the TV shaping up generally - except for the problem with the cable?!

Cheers
    Ace

4. Moo242

Moo242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ace, don't worry I didn't forget you, was gonna post something after I'd had a good play around with my new toy.....and now I have :)

Firstly, TV & Video Direct were absolutely fine. I took out the 6 month deferred payment and they were great with phoning me back for details and then called me the minute the contract was returned. Very friendly and really can't fault them. However, I have no cause to return the set so can't really give you the lowdown on their after sales service 'cos I haven't needed any.
    The only slight niggle was the courier who delivered it. It was only a one-man delivery and he needed help from my girlfriend to carry it in - bit po'ed about that 'cos, well, she is a lady after all ;). Anyway, may be worth checking that out when you arrange delivery.

On to the set - Out of the box you really are stunned by it's size and sheer aesthetic beauty. it comes with a cool Loewe branded type shoe-box inside which houses your instructions and various cleaning fluids and cloths - It even comes with a pair of snooker referee style white gloves. These are used for when you handle the outer frame/anti-reflective screen which is packaged seperately. Once in position, it again looks gorgeous and gives an almost plasma-like appearance in your room

Picture - What can I say, it's great! Very different to other TV's I've seen recently but as with them all, once your eyes become accustomed it really is striking. I managed to get the above cable problem sorted (wrong setting in player - doh!) but to be honest, no discernible difference betwen that and normal RGB.

The processing features DMM and DMI are a mixed bag. DMM gives an outrageously 3D like quality but at the expense of some horrendous artifacting (try the freeway-chase in Matrix 2) but DMI is great at steadying the picture and giving a smooth performance

So all round - I'm happy, no smearing, no blotches etc. I'll post more when I've had a few days to let it settle in

5. helicon2

helicon2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cheers Moo, sounds amazing! I've been viewing them on and off in various shops for the past year and as I'm getting Sky+, wasn't bothered about the version with the hard disk recorder, so I'm really pleased with your report!

Unfortunately, I'm now getting the keys to my house 2 weeks later, so I'm looking at mid-September for delivery for my Articos. Can't wait though!

Cheers for the info and i'd appreciate any update in the near future about what it's like to live with!