Article Discussing The PS3 Launch

:rotfl: so Wii is for the 'poor' people now??? Isnt that the sort of elitist snobbery someone like you would prob accuse Sony of? :rotfl:

I agree with you that the PS3 would have beaten the 360 if they had launched at the same time.

The Wii is not a 'next gen' console - these constant comparisons are ludicrous - its a last gen console with a newish controller. Its like saying Fiats are 'better' than Ferraris because they sell more.

I do think the Wii bubble will burst when the wiimote becomes the gimmick its destined to be but as mentioned I dont considered it 'next gen'. It will be interesting to see how sales pan out though in the long term but its never going to be the next PS1 / PS2 is it.

I distinctly recall saying that a technologicaly inferior wii is trouncing the PS3 sales 2:1. Did anyone ever claim that the wii is "better" than either consoles? IF so, I'd be the frist to object. I think most here are in agreement it simply offered more fun for the price. And in the game console wars, bringing out the child in every adult is what matters.

Oh and maybe, judging by the fact that most of my colleagues in the US who are "poor" bought the wii, I'd say the "poor" would easily prefer the Wii RELATIVE to the PS3. And yes, SONY has always been elitist. It has the priciest gadgets compared to similar gadgets from other brands targeting the same mass markets.

Sony do seem to be selling these quite fast, maybe not as fast as ps2 but the price of the sp3 is rather steep for alot of people.

I know a few people who have been to some shops in the US and could not get a hold of a ps3 as they were all sold out and stores that have quite alot of stock do eventually sell out once word spreads where they are.

Amazon.com had a whole bunch in the other day and within 10 - 15 minutes sold out.

Same for friends and myself, but this doesn't make a good story does it.

It does appear the Sony/Blu-Ray scare stories are drying up at an alarming rate.

Maybe they are delivering!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom