1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Artefacts?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Canary_Jules, May 28, 2004.

1. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +764
    Just a quick question. When playing back dvds on my 2nd pc (FireGL 8800) I can see little white specks. They don't appear to be random, however, because when I rewind and play back they are in the same place they first appeared. Is this corruption introduced by my PC or is it actually on the film itself? I did a bit of work in photo labs when I was younger and know that dust on the equipment which processes films shows up as white specks while dust on the original camera lense is always black. Are these white specks due to dust in the transfer or from my video card?

Jules

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    They could be neg-hits : if you can freeze frame them and they don't look square they could well be neg-hits: especially on older films.

They might be sparklies if you are using a sub-standard DVI cable.

3. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +764
    I think these are on the negs. I can freeze frame them and they appear on another HCPC I have too. I particularly noticed them on Band of Brothers but pop in Lost in Translation and they're all gone. Just shows you that transfer quality makes such a difference!