Art Work for MP4 files on USB drive connected to Humax

mokins

Standard Member
Hi.

I was wondering if anyone could please help.

I have a stand alone Humax HDR-Fox-T2 (i.e. no network or internet access) in the kids play room and I have plugged into the back a 500Gb (ext3) hard drive with about 80 - MP4 films on it.

Everything works fine and so far, I have not found a film that will not play but my question is, how can I get it to display the films artwork rather than just a grey square?
My youngest is only 5 and loves Frozen (his latest 'most favourite in the world' film!) but has to ask us each time he wants to watch it because he cannot yet read the title names in order to find it himself.

I have all the artwork in JPG format and it is also imbedded in the MP4 File.

If it helps, each film is just loaded into the root of the hard drive and I am not using any sub folders (and I would rather not use sub folders for the same reason).

Many Thanks

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Thanks but the artwork is already embedded in the file and displays correctly in windows... It's on the humax where I have the problem.
Afaik the only way to get the humax to display thumbnails is to convert the files into native format with the required support files (.ts .hmt and .nts). Raydons AV2HDR-T2 will do this job. The Humax will then build the thumbnails as it does for native recording chapters.

mokins

Standard Member
Afaik the only way to get the humax to display thumbnails is to convert the files into native format with the required support files (.ts .hmt and .nts). Raydons AV2HDR-T2 will do this job. The Humax will then build the thumbnails as it does for native recording chapters.
Brilliant. Thank you.
Do you know, will it use the films official artwork or just random screen shots from within the film? I will download to play with, but cannot for a few days.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Brilliant. Thank you.
Do you know, will it use the films official artwork or just random screen shots from within the film? I will download to play with, but cannot for a few days.
Screen grabs, taken at preset intervals afaik. Not sure how far apart the chapter thumbnails are.

Don't expect to see them in the media list, they should be visible though if you click on a file. How about using a file name like AAAAA BBBBB for the popular ones as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom