Art Gallery - Which TV is best to show art?

ChipChip

Novice Member
Hello,

We would like to install 10 tv sets to show images of artwork in an exhibition and wonder what are our best options...

They should be 55 inch, light, 4k and less than $1000 each

here are the points to consider:
  1. 4k is a must - sound and video qualities are not important as we mostly show still images which are photos of artworks.
  2. We want to be able to hang and remove them very easily - the best is if we can hang them like artworks by simply hanging them on 2 very strong screws - right now we have a few on portable stands (see attached) but they look very cumbersome
  3. We like the Samsung Frame quality but the connection box is a problem - we just want one electric cable to come out of the tv
  4. The USB slot should be easily accessible without having to remove the tv from the wall
  5. We should be able to build a frame on the TV - something similar to the attached image
  6. would be great if we can also use it in a vertical manner... that is probably an issue... maybe we should buy a couple of monitors for this? suggestions for this?
We plan to create PowerPoint presentations and convert them to mp4 - one thing that is not a must but will be great is if there is a way to sync them all to begin playing at the same time - not a must but would be great

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions

Ariel

Attachments

• Screenshot_12.jpg
    Screenshot_12.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 27

stblob

I was thinking Samsung The Frame tv's. Have you looked at them?

Edit: My bad, you already have. Lol

Dodgexander

I can't see anything really mattering when it comes to making your decision other than the picture accuracy of a TV. USB ports are always on the side of TVs, every TV (apart from select Samsung models) have only a power cord needed, together with any cables for each source.

The mounting mechanism of each TV uses a VESA standard, with varied spacing model to model. They usually use M6 bolts so your mechanism to mounting the TV would have to match the spacing of those bolts.

Out of interest, why is the one connect box Samsung thing a problem? I would have thought it would be easy to have a separate box, and one cable running from the connection box to the TV.
  1. would be great if we can also use it in a vertical manner... that is probably an issue... maybe we should buy a couple of monitors for this? suggestions for this?
Not sure on this, probably need to look at computer monitors or pro displays. I think Samsung may have a TV that can switch though.
We plan to create PowerPoint presentations and convert them to mp4 - one thing that is not a must but will be great is if there is a way to sync them all to begin playing at the same time - not a must but would be great
You'd need to have something managing the stream centrally, you will be severely limited with this if you are intending to use the built in smart TV. Perhaps using some kind server and using IOT via ethernet would be best.

Last edited:

Devonshire

You'd need to have something managing the stream centrally, you will be severely limited with this if you are intending to use the built in smart TV. Perhaps using some kind server and using IOT via ethernet would be best.
I think you can cast one source to multiple Chromecasts through an extension in Chrome, although I haven't done it myself. Perhaps the OP could play the MP4 through Chrome and cast simultaneously to Chromecast units or Chromecast built in TVs.

Surely some consideration needs to be given to showing static images and the potential for screen burn? While OLED would give the best PQ, I think this is a job for an LCD.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom