Arrow (CW) The Final Season 8

rustybin

Distinguished Member
I gave up on this a few seasons back because it just kept on going around in circles. Despite Willa Holland being in it.

When it's all done, I'll binge the remaining episodes.

Mark One

Must admit I'm not too bothered, in my opinion it's the weakest of the CW series even though it was the first and spawned the rest.

McNab

I gave up after season 5 but it's a shame for the people who enjoy it and also for the cast. I think Stephen Amell really liked playing the character and I thought he was pretty good at it, even if the plot and script didn't do him justice.

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
I got bored of it several seasons ago too.

Hopefully Supergirl and Flash will get cancelled as binned those off for similar reasons too ... just no substance to them with very shallow stories and more directed at teenage audiences IMO.

Hopefully the budget will be spent on something meaningful.

Ensor

I gave up about 5 or 7 episodes into season 5, not because I'd fallen "out of love" with the show but because I'd been attempting to follow around 24 shows a week(!) and had had enough...I ruthlessly cut that number to 8 and these days follow just three or four shows.

As it's coming to an end I'll have to catch up on what I've missed over the next few months. Of the Arrowverse shows I always thought it was by fart the best.

tonyk79

Stephen is really good as The Arrow and really has made the role his own, but I think this is the right time for it to go out as the quality of the writing/plots has went downhill imo.

danwel

I really like Arrow but has gone off the boil recently. Stopped watching super girl after season one as didn't really like it. have persevered with Flash but that is also a bit meh and have watched it when i literally have nothing else saved to watch

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Sad to see this end, yes there was some hard going along the way and the constant flashbacks were a bit annoying but the final season along with the Crisis crossover was superb. The final episode was perfectly done and a great way to end.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Is this the one with John Constantine in? I loved that, gutted it was only given one season.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
he was in perhaps a couple of Arrow eps but later started appearing in Legends of Tomorrow, where he's now part of the cast
Cool, I'll check that out, I hope it's on a platform I can get.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Nope, the cw. Bugger

Evokazz

Confused that in 8x09 old William was kidnapped, then young William rescued in the finale, maybe a brain fart and I know they jump times etc during the show but this didn't seem to be explained or make sense?

Battle

Confused that in 8x09 old William was kidnapped, then young William rescued in the finale, maybe a brain fart and I know they jump times etc during the show but this didn't seem to be explained or make sense?

I beleive there was supposed to be a series based on the Canaries of the future but I dont know if that is going ahead or not anymore. I assume that is where that would it would have been resolved.

aprout

Distinguished Member
Yep, Episode 9 was a 'backdoor pilot' for the proposed 2040-set Green Arrow & the Canaries series. Quite why they put it there, after
Oliver's death
in the Crisis crossover is anyone's guess. Felt out of place & completely pointless, but then I hated the future flashforwards even more than the never-ending island flashbacks in previous seasons.

Battle

Yep, Episode 9 was a 'backdoor pilot' for the proposed 2040-set Green Arrow & the Canaries series. Quite why they put it there, after
Oliver's death
in the Crisis crossover is anyone's guess. Felt out of place & completely pointless, but then I hated the future flashforwards even more than the never-ending island flashbacks in previous seasons.

Completly separate question - is that profile picture of the Carbonised Han Solo your actual fridge door or is it a stock photo - if its your then kudos on a spectacular fridge.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...

Latest News

Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Harman Kardon launches Citation Amp
  • By Andy Bassett