Around the house

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Black20VT, May 12, 2005.

1. Black20VT

Black20VT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi there,

I'm after some advice as to what I'd require to complete the following setup. I've been on Satcure which is superb, but without knowing what I need, is quite hard to work out.

I've Sky+ in the lounge and multiroom in one of the bedrooms.

I want to be able to feed the Sky+ and DVD player from the lounge into 2 other rooms and the multiroom DVD from one room to another 2 rooms.

In the lounge, we've a double standard TV socket (which we're not using) and also the same socket in the master bedroom. All the other rooms are fed from a splitter up in the loft. It's a cablevision one, but I'm happy to replace it with two news ones.

I've attached a picture (sorry, my graphics program knowledge only stretches as far as drawing in Word) of what I'm looking to do.

:lease:

Please help me, as it'll get my family members off my back :clap:

Attached Files:

2. derbyjj

derbyjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Try this thread "Two sky channels in everyroom" in this forum. I posted my solution there last week. you'll need an RF modulator for the dvd and it wont be in stereo . its probaly cheaper and easier to buy a DVD player from asda/tesco/sainsbury

3. Black20VT

Black20VT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Ah ha, now that's a useful guide!

I believe I've got all the connections and cable in place, it's just a case of getting the new splitter and combiner then I should be in business.

My worry now is that the existing cabling, or sockets are faulty, but only time will tell.

I was hoping to send the DVD signal to the room so I didn't need a DVD player, just an LCD TV, but if I lose sound quality, then it looks like I've not a great deal of choice. So CRT and DVD player it is then.

4. derbyjj

derbyjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    make sure you get a dist amp that has IR pass thru so that you can pass the magic eyes signals to the sky boxes. SLX do them as do the tv link ones that sky sell.

5. Black20VT

Black20VT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've just purchased myself and SLX6B from Maplin, now all I need is to find a Sky+ & Sky combiner around here or order one from the net.

Thanks for your help so far, much appreciated! :smashin:

6. derbyjj

derbyjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
  7. Black20VT

Black20VT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I got thinking about this the other day and was wondering how the combiner worked.

For example, if the Mrs was watching Eastenders on the Sky+ box and the boy was watching Simpsons on the multiroom box, how would I then select which one to watch as they both come through the same aerial?

8. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    They would come into your tv as two different tv channels and the sky remote would control one and the sky + remote would control the other.

9. Black20VT

Black20VT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Ah ha, so it comes in on two different channels.

Now that's cool.

Cheers for the info Vex :thumbsup:

10. derbyjj

derbyjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    you might find the link in my post from an other thread useful when you come to chose the rf channels to set the sky rfouts to.
    I had exactly the same issue trying to set up multiroom. connecting only sky rfout 1+2 from both sky and sky+ gave a perfect sky picture on every tv in the house or if i only connected the areial straight to the tv or amp booster again 1-5 perfect. but when i fed the aerial into the sky+ box and the the amp booster the picture was terrible. problem was i had the one of sky rf's set a freeview mux. Try this link so that you set your sky rf's to a free channel http://www.kat5.tv/taboo.html NOTE you must include any videos and freeview boxes as well as sky so that they all transmit on free channels.

11. enzo

enzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to jump in guys but I am looking for a similar solution:Sky + in two rooms, being able to view different channels from the twin tuner in each room. Bit of a technophobe i'm afraid so be gentle with any advice/replies! Cheers

12. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Enzo can't be done I am afraid. Although there are 2 tuners it only allows 1 video output at a time

13. enzo

enzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks