Army Of Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is due at the start of March and I like my co-op games, but I don't like how shiny and plastic the graphics look in the recent videos.

There's a Two vs. Two Trailer up on the Marketplace, 58 MB, and the two on two multiplayer games look interesting.

Game looks interesting, but i cant help but think "Army of Four" would have been better for co-op.

the finished game would sport a Pimp My Gun feature, enabling you to plate your weapons with gold and diamonds, though he also warned that such bling would draw increased enemy attention on the battlefield.
Ugh :rolleyes:

If the average gamer is meant to be around thirty, why do we keep getting kiddie "bling" features in games (paintjobs on cars etc). I seriously hope adding gold and diamonds to your guns does nothing function like damage/accuracy increases, and it's purely cosmetic...

I am glad there is now just one more week to go, until this game is out.

Ugh :rolleyes:

If the average gamer is meant to be around thirty, why do we keep getting kiddie "bling" features in games (paintjobs on cars etc). I seriously hope adding gold and diamonds to your guns does nothing function like damage/accuracy increases, and it's purely cosmetic...

Looking at the 'Aggro' concept in the game, blinged up bangsticks will probably be required increase enemy interest in you.

I like the sound of the co-op and some of the ways the dudes can work together look awesome but the Yank factor seems quite high.

I really hope a demo comes out for this before release as I'm swithering weather to buy or rent it.

The word I'm getting from friend at a games mag is that :

"It's not very good. And borderline racist."

Gutted - was looking forward to this.

Cancelled my preorder for this yesterday and preordered Bad Company instead. Watched a few gameplay vids on IGN and can't say that I'm impressed by the look of AoT. Maybe it'll turn out better than it looks and I'll pick it up later.

Im less than impressed to say the least but my son and his buddy on live have been waiting for this for ages and they cant wait to get playing.

The cheapest I've found this is £37.99 at ShopTo. Does anybody know anywhere that's cheaper, especially as it's EA so probably not region free for import?

Hmmm gamer tv gave this 9/10 this morning

Cancelled my preorder for this yesterday and preordered Bad Company instead. Watched a few gameplay vids on IGN and can't say that I'm impressed by the look of AoT. Maybe it'll turn out better than it looks and I'll pick it up later.

I think the video's on IGN are really poor quality. Gametrailers has a proper HD preview of Army of Two and it looks far better. I'm still looking forward to it :)

Hmmm gamer tv gave this 9/10 this morning

i watched that too, seems like a decent game to me, at least its got something different rather than the usual same-type game that comes out.

i find that their reviews are to be taken with a pinch of salt though as many of the games they give very high marks to are games i wouldnt touch with a barge pole!

i watched that too, seems like a decent game to me, at least its got something different rather than the usual same-type game that comes out.

Same here, I thought it looked alright. I originally had Bully preordered, but after seeing it later on the program I cancelled and preordered AoT instead.

I have been waiting for a semi-decent co-op game, just for something a bit different. Graphics looked good and that was mentioned in the review, overall I think it will be alright - will find out by the end of the week I suppose.

Anyone up for co-op saturday night?

Achievements list is now up for this.
I would of thought that there would be a few more that require co-op, but it looks as if you can probably get most of them in single player mode :rolleyes:

I am glad there is only five more days, until this game comes out. Other than that, I should be getting Army of Two through on Wednesday or Thursday.

I had £7.95 of credit at ShopTo so preordered it from them. Hopefully it will arrive early like usual.

I had £7.95 of credit at ShopTo so preordered it from them. Hopefully it will arrive early like usual.
It should do, also I pre-ordered from Shopto as well.

It sounds like it will deliver on the co-op team action promise. I'm really looking forward to this now it's so close to release.

Have had a quick go on this at my friend's house (not sure how he's got it :rolleyes:) and it's pretty much identical to Gears Of War.

Not that this was a bad thing.

Will be buying this once it's out.

Here you go :)

----

Source: GameRevolver.com

As a skeptic going into this game, I have a rough view of what this game should be. With numerous delays plaguing this game for over a year, you can’t help but wonder how this title will turn out. Upon arrival of our evaluation copy, I threw it in the PS3 as fast as I could, carefully placing Call of Duty 4: MW into its slick, Blu-Ray sized game case. As I booted up the game, my excitement grew. From a gamers stand point, this is the kind of game you dream about playing, but never get to see it released. Today is a different day. Today, we review Army of Two.

Presentation:

EA has brought numerous new additions to games over the years, from racing to fighting to first person shooters, but I have to say, this is by far the most unique title we have seen to date. Army of Two not only emphasizes multiplayer camaraderie, but literally forces it upon you. You take on the role of your choice of Tyson Rios and Eliot Salem, to mercenaries working for the Security and Strategy Corporation (SSC). You are given a brief synopsis of how the two met early in the game, but for a more detailed view, just look in the manual, it’s all there. Long story short, you were in the US Army Rangers together where, as a team, your skills shined through, impressing the likes of your commanding officer, and grabbing the attention of the SSC, which is where we start our venture.
The story behind the game is very intriguing and the characters are brought to life with great voice over and constant chatter, much like Kane & Lynch, only better! From cover to game play, this one is pretty sweet.

Graphics:

The graphics of this title are beautiful to say the least. Animations are fluid and you never miss a beat in game play due to lag, although you may see the occasional slow down. Characters are well defined, from facial hair to the scars of war. Each character possesses their own unique look, style and set of animations that keeps the game fun to play, and even fun to watch.
It is the level design that has us thoroughly impressed, with vast, incredibly detailed terrain, an open world feel, and multiple paths to get to many of your objectives. It is truly eye candy to see, which is something normally missing from most EA games of late (except Burnout Paradise, we love you!)

Sound:

Here is where the game truly shines. From the fierce ring of a shot fired to the roar of rockets and engines flying past. The attention to the level of quality in the audio is stunning, rivaling the likes of Counter Strike of old, and Call of Duty (pick 1-4). The use of surround sound technology pierces through the living room like tiny firecrackers, creating an environment that more than draws you in, but makes you live the experience. Audio queues are spot on and the tiniest details, such as each shell hitting the pavement are all there.

Another nice addition is the sheer volume of bickering between the two mercenaries. Constant cussing, “Dude!”, “Bro”, and the occasional air guitar keep for a lively game session.

Game Play:

Controlling the characters in the game is definitely a challenge, but most certainly a thrill. You have the choice of having an AI control your second character, having a friend play on the same system with you (btw, when did this go out the window? I remember when most shooters were split screen) or, connect via PSN (or Xbox LIVE, your choice) for some serious coop action.
Communication is key in this game, as surviving the elements is a two man job. There are times when you will be in a wide open area, with very little coverage other than maybe some mounds of old cars or piles of junk. To get from point A to point B, it is wise to have one of your characters say, rip a door off one of those junk heaps to provde some cover for the oncoming barrage of enemy fire. Everything from scaling buildings, to overcoming obstacles to flanking your opponent is all a team effort.

One of the coolest things about this game is your ability to use the second player for whatever the hell you want. If you need to get around that jeep to plant some explosives, just have your ‘Bro’ lay some cover fire, drawing the attention of your enemies, and allowing you a clean run to get your job done. You can also reverse this roll of course, sending your team mate to take care of the dirty work while you lay waste to some baddies.
Although not considered power ups, you do have some pretty sweet special moves you can pull off. The game incorporates a new feature called AGGRO, which essentially how much attention you have drawn to yourself. This system works well in that if you need to get your partner to safety, you can lay down some heavy fire and make some noise, taking the heat (read: AGGRO) off you him so he can reach his objective. If you take enough of the heat, you will enter ‘Overkill’ which is essentially bullet time of old, allowing you to gain more precision as time slows down, letting you pick your enemies off one by one. If you keep the AGGRO evenly distributed amongst the two of you, you can enter ‘Back to Back’, placing the two of you..er….back to back allowing for 360 degree slaughter.

Playing as mercenaries, your goal of course is money. Being a hired hand, your missions are those out of the ordinary, and things that our military do not wish to bother with or have the power to bother with. With each mission and side objective comes some big money, which will allow you to customize your character, buy new beefier weapons, and add tons of gizmo’s onto your favorite ones. The options available to you are in good quantity and customization will only aid you to discover your favorite playing style.

Replay Value:

Although we can’t claim this isn’t a one time through cuz it is, we can say that it is definitely fun to do again and again, as the antics of your characters, shear volume of gameplay and awesome commentary allows for some replay credibility.

Overall:

Bottom line, EA has created a game that has captured our manhood, and hearts. This is truly a unique title, that has created a whole new way to play games. With any luck, we will see this one hit trilogy status in the next several years, as I just can’t get enough.

Review Score: 8.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom