Status
Not open for further replies.

RizL4

Banned
Cant wait for this game what about you guys

soil

Standard Member
it looks good the working together stuff,

but in a few of the video previews where they're just in big open areas it looks like another FPS :(

the working together stuff reminds me of doing CO-OP on spiltercell CT :cool:

deysworld

Novice Member
Im looking forward to this one also any
release date for it yet
16/11 apparently but it has been put back once already so thats a provisional date. looks really good especially online co-op. just hope ea sort server issues out otherwise this will be another tiger woods!!

KinkyAffro

Novice Member
Just been watching some of the vids and this game has just gone onto my top 10 most wanted this year.

1up guys have played it and said it is really good fun and comparing it to Gears.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14520
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14518
Thanks for the links mate :thumbsup:
Not seen those 2 before. The one i saw they were both driving around on a forklift, one driving, the other on the forks shooting :D :cool:
Been waiting for this game for ages, cant wait.
The hand 2 hand combat looks fun, loved the way he grabbed the guy by the head and kicked him in the back.

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member
Just been watching some of the vids and this game has just gone onto my top 10 most wanted this year.

1up guys have played it and said it is really good fun and comparing it to Gears.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14520
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14518
It's shaping up nicely. :thumbsup: The lighting looked spot on and there was a good solid feeling to the scenery. The body armour does seem to be able to take a fair bit of damage though. It almost seemed too easy. Reminds me of some old police footage of two blokes who robbed a bank in LA wearing full body armour.

Bushido

Novice Member
The hand 2 hand combat looks fun, loved the way he grabbed the guy by the head and kicked him in the back.
that was one of my favourite bits as well. lets hope we get a nice demo before purchase time.

i am going to be soo poor this christmas.

ohh_danielson

Distinguished Member
I have gone off this game to be honest.

Its gone from a defo 'must buy' game to a maybe.

I watched a review (may of been on gametrailers?!) from 2 guys playing it (One was japanese or something) And they said the idea is great but they dont pull it off well enough, and the environments are not suited for a co-op game.

and the gun fights are boring, it was a very preview if you like and im glad i watched it.

They did mention they was cool parts on it and graphics very nice but they compared it to Gears of war, but said the whole point of the game is co-op but it seems at times the levels dont work great for co-op.
They kept going on about how it was such a good idea and if they pulled it off it would be one of best games ever!
But from what they played they didnt quite pull it off.

They did show you some cool things though like when a man was injured he dragged him along the floor etc.

I will probs rent this with a friend but its currently off my most wanted list.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
A pretty damning prevew of Army of Two from Xbox World who apparently were all set to review the near final build of the game, seems they weren't impressed(putting it politely!).

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/06/xbox-world-condemns-army-of-two-as-an-army-of-sh-t/

The criticism lies mostly with the game's storyline and main characters, the latter of which Xbox World decries as the least likable in video game history. The plot of the game is apparently incredibly xenophobic, with generic terrorist enemies who refer to the main characters as ":censored: infidels." The gameplay, meanwhile, is described as bland and repetitive, with numerous cut-scenes and clumsy controls.

Is there any hope for Army of Two? Not according to Xbox World, who describe the game's delay as nothing more than "a stay of execution." Considering their qualms lie largely with the game's intrinsic plot, writing, and characters, they could very well be right.
Hmm, perhaps this game isn't shaping up quite a nicely as I was expecting(perhaps a good thing for me as I already have way too many games on my "must buy" list)

Jay

Banned
A pretty damning prevew of Army of Two from Xbox World who apparently were all set to review the near final build of the game, seems they weren't impressed(putting it politely!).

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/06/xbox-world-condemns-army-of-two-as-an-army-of-sh-t/

Hmm, perhaps this game isn't shaping up quite a nicely as I was expecting(perhaps a good thing for me as I already have way too many games on my "must buy" list)
That's a shame, judging from early previews it looked like this game would be decent.

McGraw

Novice Member
Yeah, I've gone right off this after watching the demo video.

It looked quite cartoony and the animation didn't seem too realistic.

However, the big blow for me is the fact that these supposedly hardcore mercenaries were acting like the kiddies that will no doubt end up spoiling this on Live.

A shame.

Immortaleffectz

Novice Member
This does look like a great game i mind go for. All depends on Bad company for me tho.

jonnydynamite

Novice Member
This game had a lot of potential when I first saw it as I'm a sucker for a good co-op game and with this one being designed from the ground up for it I thought it should be good. My interest waned with a few daming previews and some less than inspiring videos. The latest preview I've read seems to suggest the experience has been tightened up slightly and with any luck they'll have gotten rid of the borderline racism that seemed to blight the previous builds.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/851/851048p1.html

Still one I'll try before buying but it could be good to have something to play with mates on co-op (mainly as they get fed up of me kicking their asses when we play adverserial! ;))

Lateralus

Novice Member
the new videos of this game on the marketplace look quite cool i must say.

i wasnt really expecting much from this to be honest but im thinking i should give this a chance now.

great how you can drag yur mate around xD

Mattk84

Banned
my son cant wait for this one! the 'iraq' gameplay movie i saw today from eurogamer looked ok but there was one bit where he ran straight past an AI guy who didnt even react....if theres one thing i cant stand its poor AI.:mad:

Brutos

I hope this going to be good, i've been waiting for a good split screen co-op for a while. Some of the levels look very Gears of War and I like the way you can create your own guns.

BUT i'm not sure about the giant Tampax that gradually turns red when healing your team mate....:nono:

saibot

Novice Member
This game had a lot of potential when I first saw it as I'm a sucker for a good co-op game and with this one being designed from the ground up for it I thought it should be good. My interest waned with a few daming previews and some less than inspiring videos. The latest preview I've read seems to suggest the experience has been tightened up slightly and with any luck they'll have gotten rid of the borderline racism that seemed to blight the previous builds.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/851/851048p1.html

Still one I'll try before buying but it could be good to have something to play with mates on co-op (mainly as they get fed up of me kicking their asses when we play adverserial! ;))
Definitely seems to be a more favourable review. But, sometimes I think IGN dont really come out and say "god, this is still crap", I like their reviews/articiles but they played "Hour of Victory & Blacksite" and had loads of hype on these games. It wasnt till the reviews came in that we saw reports inline with other magazines/sites - not great!.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Definitely seems to be a more favourable review. But, sometimes I think IGN dont really come out and say "god, this is still crap", I like their reviews/articiles but they played "Hour of Victory & Blacksite" and had loads of hype on these games. It wasnt till the reviews came in that we saw reports inline with other magazines/sites - not great!.
I must admit as much as I generally have full praise & respect for IGNs reviews, I also agree that their previews can sound very promising right up until an often very poor review. I never read to much into their previews these days and just wait for the reviews which tend to be alot more up front & honest.

Hope this game does surprise us and turn out to be decent though, was a title I was very much looking forward(love a good online co-op game) to until the previews starting coming in a few months ago.

Freaknut

Novice Member
The latest previews seem to be playing down the whole jock humour element - which looked really annoying. Let's hope they've listened to criticism and cut it out...

Mattk84

Banned
for some reason EA seem to be using 'humour' in BF:BC too. its gameplay i'm bothered about not the 'hilarious' one liners.

Codehead

Distinguished Member
for some reason EA seem to be using 'humour' in BF:BC too. its gameplay i'm bothered about not the 'hilarious' one liners.
It's the latest 'must have'! We've got 3D, lightshaded, bump, diffuse and texture mapped graphics. We've got 3D positional audio. We've got physics engines. We've got online multiplayer. Now we're getting a dedicated 64bit humour processor! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 21st October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
LG SIGNATURE OLED R TV now available in South Korea
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display teams with Disney for OLED Projects
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Campfire Audio updates Vega and Dorado earphones
  • By Andy Bassett