Arms (16th June)

The guy that won the Capcom Pro Tour for Street Fighter 5 2016 plays with a standard PlayStation 4 controller and that is wireless.

I didn't say Nintendo will force it, I simply stated that the lead dev is saying if you want to be good at high level use the motion controls.

Could be the case, I can see the reasons. Equally though Nintendo aren't going to openly say a game they mainly advertise as motion control is best played without.

This is one tricky mother hubbard to master. Struggled my way through on L4 to unlock the ranked games. Getting better though gradually...

This game online makes me want to punch stupid kittens!!

I'm a decent player but the amount of time I've lost due to time running out,idiots in 3 or 4 players only attacking me or general odd clipping when you've clearly grabbed someone but the game misses it or lags is infuriating.
After 10 mins online I'm done and need to chill out.

Even when I win I'm usually not happy lol

The only thing about this game that I don't like is grab spammers. Every ranked match you come up against a ninjara you know that the match is going to be a grab spam fest. It makes the combat dull and generally ensures no knock outs ever.

I'd like them to balance the grab, slow down the arms for it. Make it harder to land. Have a feeling that for button controls grabs are too easy compared to punches.

Hi - is there 2 player split screen on this game? If so what do you think, does it work well for this game? Also can I play it with just the kit you get with the console in 2 player or would I need more joycons?

ta

Hi - is there 2 player split screen on this game? If so what do you think, does it work well for this game? Also can I play it with just the kit you get with the console in 2 player or would I need more joycons?

ta
Yes there is 2 player split screen & is very fun as well.
You can play 2 player using just 2 joycons, but this will be with traditional controls only (ie turning joy cons on their side & using stick & buttons).
If you get another pair of joycons you can play with motion controls with a joycon in each hand simulating each arm (which kids will love).

Thanks...just watched a review on YT and it looks great!

If you get another pair of joycons you can play with motion controls with a joycon in each hand simulating each arm (which kids will love).
This sounds great but just seen they are £70, so I can't really go there at that price.

This sounds great but just seen they are £70, so I can't really go there at that price.
Worth keeping an eye on the classifieds. This turned up the other day and was a bargain. Would've bought it myself if I didn't already have them For Sale - Neon Yellow Joycon (Mint/Boxed)

Also, having another pair of joycons also means having ready made 4 player Mario Kart if your son has any friends round to play :)

Last edited:
Worth keeping an eye on the classifieds. This turned up the other day and was a bargain. Would've bought it myself if I didn't already have them For Sale - Neon Yellow Joycon (Mint/Boxed)

Also, having another pair of joycons also means having ready made 4 player Mario Kart if your son has any friends round to play :)
Dude - just ignore me. I caved like a weak willed fool and drove down to Smyth's toys and bagged Mario Kart, ARMs, 2 x Jocons (green and pink) whilst moaning about the price for 10 minutes to the assistant!!!

TBH - I am horrified by the Nintendo pricing, but I got them now.

Yet you still bought them [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

You won't regret it, I love my Nintendo Switch. So happy that it looks great on my new 4K OLED.
Yes. I feel like I robbed myself!!!

I don't even have the Switch yet!!!!

Yes. I feel like I robbed myself!!!

I don't even have the Switch yet!!!!
Big question now is whether you're going to wait a few more weeks for your son to finish saving for his half of the Switch, or just say 'Sod it, I want to open it now!' :laugh:

Big question now is whether you're going to wait a few more weeks for your son to finish saving for his half of the Switch, or just say 'Sod it, I want to open it now!' :laugh:
We are already playing it!! He has not got enough £££ yet either!!

We are already playing it!! He has not got enough £££ yet either!!
Well at least you taught him a very important life lesson about the value of money & learning to save for the things that he wan......oh wait :facepalm:

:p:laugh:

Well at least you taught him a very important life lesson about the value of money & learning to save for the things that he wan......oh wait :facepalm:

:p:laugh:
I have emtied his piglet bank and am sueing for the rest.

There's a global test punch this weekend for people to try out the multiplayer for free :)

Friday 25th August at 16:00 BST until Sunday 27th August at 21:00 BST.

Had my first proper session on this last night with a friend's son who learnt the controls much quicker than I did so I ended up losing 38-17 across a range of matches. We really enjoyed it and he learnt to do a grab just as my character was getting up from being knocked down so that the timing meant as I soon as my character was back on their feet, the grab took hold.

I got frustrated with this because there was no way I could find to parry the grab. I didn't learn how to block so I need to spend a bit of time learning the controls properly and we only played with motion controls which were more fun than I expected.

Picked this up today for a great price, never really been interested in it, infact I had never played it before even with having the chance to before release, I just seemed to avoid it thinking it was a gimmick. Anyway I've had a little go in handheld mode and I'm very surprised at how well it plays!! Looking forward to showing the 8 year old going on 16 a few moves tomorrow!! I can now actually knock him out without getting beaten up by the wife.... :rotfl:

Picked this up today for a great price, never really been interested in it, infact I had never played it before even with having the chance to before release, I just seemed to avoid it thinking it was a gimmick. Anyway I've had a little go in handheld mode and I'm very surprised at how well it plays!! Looking forward to showing the 8 year old going on 16 a few moves tomorrow!! I can now actually knock him out without getting beaten up by the wife.... :rotfl:

Just don't be speaking to someone on the phone and say the sentence 'yeah, well first I knocked the wife out then the littlun' in public, makes for an awkward silence on the bus...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom