Armageddon in HD

ChildOfRarn

Established Member
Reaction score
Just noticed on epg that BBC HD is showing Armageddon at 9pm on 24th.

I remember seeing a clip in HD at one of the Disney parks in Florida back in 2002 and it was seeing it that first got me hooked on large screens and surround sound.

It's been a long wait but I'm going to love this crash bang popcorn movie in HD.:thumbsup:

Trevor

If the picture quality was as good as "Enemy of the State" last night, we're in for a visual treat. Shame there was no DD5.1.

Perhaps Thursday night is to become Film Night on BBC-HD. I for one thoroughly approve ! :thumbsup:

meltonboy said:
If the picture quality was as good as "Enemy of the State" last night, we're in for a visual treat. Shame there was no DD5.1.

Perhaps Thursday night is to become Film Night on BBC-HD. I for one thoroughly approve ! :thumbsup:

As I have just ordered TV Drive for next Thursday let's hope so:rolleyes:

KevinPedrick said:
Was Enemy of the State shown in HD last night..?

It certainly was, Kevin ! 9pm on BBC-HD.

Great picture, but only Dolby Stereo sound. Also a highly entertaining film in my opinion. You missed a treat :oops:

Just would like to see DD 5.1 also.:(

hunts1uk said:
Just would like to see DD 5.1 also.:(

Agreed and since you would have thought that the film would be easily available to the BBC in DD5.1, i'm not sure why they didn't bother, as they have it on Blue Planet and Jools Holland. I realise that it's a trial and that these things are probably tricky on live events, but surely it's easy enough on a film bought in.

The PL2 output on my amp sounded better than when it's fed normal stereo, which is something i suppose.

In case you don't follow the Sky Forum, they liked it as well. What is interesting is that there have been observations that Sky Movies HD isn't as good quality as last night's BBC HD...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383831

Made me feel a little better about missing out on sky content.;)

I think it was slightly better than the Teleport HD Movies i have seen. What do you lot think ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom