Question Arlo - GeoFencing 2 phones home?

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by WeegyAVLover, Jan 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. WeegyAVLover

WeegyAVLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,854
    Hi All,

Right got Arlo and 2 cameras a few weeks ago and have been using the Geofencing option on my phone and my wife's phone.

When I go out with my phone and my wife is in the house with her phone the arlo system arms itself and I get loads of notifications that there is movement by my wife.

However when my wife leaves the house wiith her phone it does not arm.

I have checked the settings and her phone is there but I cannot get it working.

Anyone else able to help me with this?

2. irgsefton

irgsefton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    Divorce?

3. WeegyAVLover

WeegyAVLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,854
    Seems harsh but it maybe the only option :)

On a serious note, that will never happen.

I actually sent my wife a new invite and I think it was because her phone was registered under my login rather than her own.

I reconfigured this last night and not had a chance to test it but will do that over the weekend, but hopefully it is resolved so I may answer my own question :)

4. Barry_

Barry_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,053
    Any luck?

Whats your thoughts on this? Looking at this and the the new Pro version atm and i would have the same situation as you so would need that to work.

5. WeegyAVLover

WeegyAVLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,854
    I got this, for the most part, working.

I deleted my wife's profile then recreated it and the system is now working as you would expect, almost.

The only thing that still seems to be a bit problematic is the notifications of when the cameras are armed and disarmed. When it does arm/disarm then it seems like I am the only one that gets notifications, my wife does not.

However in the grand scheme of things, this is not a major issue for us, but at the same time not perfect.

6. Barry_

Barry_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,053
    So your out, wifee at home and cameras disarmed - she pops out to shops and you get a notification basically saying... Oi - your Mrs's has gone out and i am now automatically armed - but your wife doesn't get any confirmation (so checks app if needed lol)

I assume from that though if they do pick up something you both still get the notification for that?

7. WeegyAVLover

WeegyAVLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,854
    Baz yes that is about the sum of it. I deleted her acccount and recreated it on the Monday night and I think she got a notification on the Tuesday Morning and/or night when we left to go to work and came back together but not had one since. However she did get a new phone and that ay also be an issue and I have to recreate it again. Will test that at some point over weekend or early next week as weekend is a bit full on.

As for notifications when the cameras detect movement, not sure, luckily that has not happened :D .... yet, so need to test that as well.